Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Things I Don't Want to Forget


I just read my friend Amber's blog. She made a list of things that she didn't want to forget that her son does now.
These are reasons why I have the best job in the world! I am so thankful I'm able to see this little boy grow and do everything that he does! It's AMAZING to me how much I love him! These are things I never want to forget....

1. When I go get Sawyer from his nap, he SMILES and then will run back and forth in the crib, then lay down and cuddle with his blanket before he gets up again.
2. how he lets me rock him if he wakes up at night with a blanket over my shoulder, his little legs straddle me, and he puts his head on the blanket
3. how he leans over in his high chair to play with me-so I lean over, then he leans over, and then we do it over and over again
4. how he smiles ALL THE TIME!
5. how when I ask him a question he shakes his whole body yes!
6. how he SHARES everything he has!
7. how he helps me put the clothes from the washer to the dryer and is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PROUD of himself
8. when he does something he's proud of, he claps for himself
9. how we'll say "Love Dadddy" or "Love Mama" and he'll lean over and lay his head down on my shoulder or Walker's shoulder
10. how he pats my big, growing belly
11. how he pats his big, growing belly-HE LOVES HIS TUMMY!
12. how he neighs like a horse-(he doesn't say "neigh" like most kids, he actually sounds like a horse)
13. how i say, "1, 2, 3" and pour the bath water over his head-and he looks at me through the water-and SMILES! he LOVES to have water poured on his head
14. how he lays back on my hand in the bathtub to "float" and he kicks and SMILES
15. how he waters the plants-He would like to water them all day! he'll take anything that will hold water and go to the outside faucet for me to turn it on for him, so he can water the plants-Then, he claps for himself!
16. how his favorite "toy" right now is my '95 Accord Walker drives to work. He loves to "drive" the car and peek through the windshield at us!
17. Lately, he's into turning the radio on in our room, and he just dances. Then, he gives me the sign for "more"-like let's do this all day! :)
18. how he likes to be scared-Walker will hide, so Sawyer will run and try to find him, and Walker will jump out and scare him....He loves it! :)
19. how he thinks Walker Williams is the greatest thing in the world! AND he wants to follow his daddy wherever he goes


This post makes me realize I need to get out the video camera a lot more! I am so thankful to be this little boy's mama! He is such a JOY!
I am so glad we're going to have another little boy to love! How can I love him as much as this one? I don't know, but I'm sure it will happen! I am so looking forward to Sawyer having a little buddy to play with, and I can't wait to see them play together and get to know little Eli like I know Sawyer.



5 comments:

Allyson said...

That is soooooooooooooooo sweet! I'm so thankful I recognize all those things about him, but I wish I got to see him everyday! He is such a joy! Love you and Saw!

DeAnne DuBose said...

That is so sweet! Can't wait to see you tomorrow at the shower!

Beth said...

You are so right Ashley! It is amazing how you can love something so much...love everything about them! Every night when I rock John Luke to sleep, I realize just how precious he is and how quickly time is passing by. I should get my video camera out more often myself. I just never do remember it! Sweet Post!! I love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

You made me teat up a little bit...can't wait to see you tonight!

The Clarks said...

Sweetest blog ever Ashley! I've got to do one on Ty before he stops doing some of his sweet little things. I enjoyed seeing you tonight at our shower so much. I wish so badly we could see each other more often. It was so much fun!!