Thursday, July 3, 2008

Prayer Request, A Day with the Earnest Boys & a little WARNING

My good friend, Sarah, had her baby today 5 1/2 weeks early. Little Luke seems healthy, just small, so she hasn't been able to hold her little guy yet which I know is hard! If you'll please keep the Martin family in your prayers, I'm sure they would appreciate it!

In other news...Sawyer was in hog heaven all day, because the Earnests (Jennifer, Hunter, and Taylor) came to Enterprise to visit. They are pretty cool kids, and Sawyer definitely knows it! They played in the pool with him, pulled him on the little Gator, played ball, and pretty much whatever else he wanted to do. Their mama and I enjoyed our chat too-not that either one of us are talkers! Right, Jennifer?? :) Thank you so much for our fun day!


As for the warning...Well, being a pregnant girl, I am very into food! -especially food that I don't have to prepare. Commercials for food entice me like you wouldn't believe (all but hamburger commercials anyway). So, when our anniversary came around (June 12th), a gift certificate for Walker to the Japanese Steakhouse here sounded like a good idea. It was kind of a guarantee that we'd have a date and there would be food involved. This seemed to be a great plan. So...last night we ventured out to enjoy our dinner. The hostess asked if we wanted to sit at a table or Hibachi Grill. I thought the grill was a good idea-might as well at a Japanese restraunt. However, I was wrong! This was a total mistake! It was HOT as Hector from the fire they were cooking with and the smells were CRAZY strong! I was definitely a weenie on our big night out! BUMMER!! Who knew our little night out would be such a bust! Next time we may just have to go to Pizza Hut (their Pzone commercials look good to me too)! :)

4 comments:

Josh and Lyndsay said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope yall had a great one!

Beth said...

I hate to hear that about Sara. How are they doing? I didn't know she was having any trouble.
I'm glad Sawyer had such sweet boys to entertain him!

Anonymous said...

Ash, I did the same thing about two months before I was due! I thought that Japanese sounded so good but when I got there...whoa!...not so good. Hahaha...pregnancy is so funny sometimes.

Kristen said...

Funny! I ate Japanese over the weekend and thuroughly enjoyed it- you never can tell what these pregnant bodies will do to you!
We'll keep Sarah in our prayers...RG was 5 weeks early!