Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm Giving In!


After many requests for a belly shot, I'll add one for all of you with an inquiring mind. I was talking to Allyson on the phone last week, and she asked me to take a picture of my growing belly. So, I sat my camera on the tv and snapped this one. Sorry it's fuzzy, but you'll get the idea.



I also thought I'd share pictures of Sawyer's first carousel ride. He loved it! He really is a happy kid and likes most anything-which is VERY FUN! I hope Eli will be the same way!
Sawyer and I ventured to the YMCA pool today for our first time. It was only worth it ($10 for about an hour), because he REALLY likes the pool. However, the pool was gross-kind of green, there were LOTS of kids (I was the only adult in the pool), and the lifeguard got on to me for having his swimmies on-so I'm not such a big fan of the YMCA. Sawyer wasn't bothered by any of this though, so I just tried to enjoy myself too.
When I got there and got in, I was proud of myself for being brave enough to tackle the pool alone(with the help of my little buddy), but for me, that's kind of a big deal. I'm learning to do a lot of new things alone these days though, and I've decided I'm just going to have to "suck it up, buttercup" as Uncle Pitt says, and get out there if I'm going to stay sane in Enterprise.
I am excited that we really liked church on Sunday, and I met a friend in Sunday School. Sawyer and I are going to her house for a playdate with her son, Gavin, on Thursday. I hope it goes well! :)
Anyway...that's a quick update on us. I ended up getting a baby bed from Walker's mom. It's 34 years old, but we're going to paint it and make sure it will hold Sawyer. I just plan to use it for a couple of months before we put him in a real bed, so I think it will work fine.

14 comments:

Beth said...

It is growing! But you're still a cute little mama!! I sure do wish me and John Luke were able to hang out with y'all. We would join you at the pool! Hang in there! I have no doubt you will make friends -just don't replace us!!! HA,HA!

Darby said...

You're a HOT momma! I love the pic... eventhough it's fuzzy. Also, love ELI didn't know that was his name... have I been totally out of it? Or is this a new revelation? Don't go to the Y pool anymore.. ours isn't green and he can wear swimmies and you can lay on a float and drink your drink in the pool and eat food in the pool! I hope we can see you soon! I'm hoping to be 100% in a couple weeks! I love you!

Anonymous said...

How cute!!! YAY, I can't wait to see you at the shower!

Tara said...

You and your belly are too cute...and so is your little man on the carousel! Boo for the lifeguard at the Y...what kind of lifeguard says a toddler can't wear floaties??!!

Emily Chappell said...

You are adorable! Who looks that cute on a random day? Not me for sure... And is that the carousel at Wiregrass Commons Mall? Sure does look familiar. :)

Brandi Bartee said...

Ashley,
You look beautiful and I love the name Eli. I am going to B'ham this weekend for a college girl reunion and can't wait to see Katie. It has been way too long. Hang in there about Enterprise and I am sure you will make some friends. I learned the hard way too about floaties at the YMCA. Nothing inflatable is allowed. When the try to take two kids to the pool next year, then get Sawyer a life vest and you can hang on to Eli and Sawyer at the same time. It has worked wonderfully for me this summer.

The Clarks said...

Get out of that Y and get to my house girl! We would have much more fun. We really need to plan a day before I go back to school Aug. 6th. Let's look at the calendar and for sure plan a day at the pool with the kids. As for the belly shot, I mean you've got one big belly girl. Just wait till you see me!!HaHaHa

Anonymous said...

You are so cute and I am impressed you are so brave and went by yourself. I was laughing out loud that the lifeguard got on to you! That is the craziest thing I've heard. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Last comment was from me. I didn't intend to be annoymous :)- Al

Jenifer Earnest said...

Love the belly pic. You are such a cute mama-to-be!

DeAnne DuBose said...

You look so cute!!! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Samantha said...

You are a too cute mama!!! I might go for 4 if I was that cute pregnant! hahaha! I love the name Eli...ours will be 10 in a few short days!!! Time flies! Take care!

Samantha said...

You sure do have a lot of catching up to do!!!! I've posted a lot since you've read...Thanks for the sweet comment, too!

Julie said...

Girl, you look great! You could be on the show "Runway Moms" on the Discovery Healther Channel. I love the dress that you are wearing!