Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Grocery Game



There I am with Sawyer at the grocery store! :)

This post is dedicated to my friends who have a little time on their hands to clip coupons and shop around. I know some of you don't have to worry about grocery money that much, but some of us do! So, if you're interested....keep on reading!

I was telling Walker on Sunday night about how I wanted to become a coupon queen. I was explaining how I feel so smart when I use coupons and am able to save money. Well, yesterday (low & behold) my smart friend, Suzanne, who always has something fun going on told me about the grocery game. I'm IN!!!
Suzanne just joined 2 weeks ago, but a friend of hers has been doing it for 2 years.
Listen to this! This will get you excited!!
Suzanne (who lives in Hartselle) said she went to Kroger last week. Her groceries rang up to $175 (which is what mine have been lately), but after she gave the girl her Kroger card and coupons, she only had to pay $105. WHAT?? How fun is that!!
So, anyway...there are 2 websites that you can register to play the grocery game. One is www.couponmom.com (which is FREE) and the other is www.thegrocerygame.com.

The Grocery game has a fee, but you can sign up for a free trial for $1.00, and then, you can cancel if you don't want to continue. Suzanne told me she liked that one best b/c it was easier, so I registered, but so far...I like couponmom.com-just b/c I'm limited to Wal-Mart, Piggly Wiggly, and Winn-Dixie for a grocery store. You can check them both out! thegrocerygame.com is COLOR coded with things you get free, things you should stock up on, and then-things that are on sale that you can buy if you really need it.

Anyway...the general idea is that you go on this website and save coupons. Then, it tells you what's on sale in the store and how to use your coupons and where to use them.
IT'S CRAZY!
RiteAid, Walgreens, and CVS also have fantastic deals.
She said her friend that has been doing this for a couple of years has so much FREE shampoo, deodarant, and toothpaste that she just took a load of it to the Christian Service Center to donate it, because she would never use all that she had.

I can't wait to share my own personal testimonial. I don't currently subscribe to the newspaper, but I'm going to start buying the Sunday paper to get the coupons. Then, you file away the coupon books. (Suzanne suggested an accoridan folder and labeling the coupon magazine with the date). The website says it takes 12 weeks to take FULL advantage of all the deals, but Suzanne's big savings is enough to encourage me do it! :)
I was telling Walker about it....He said if you can save that much, it'll be like a part-time job! Sounds good to me!
If you're interested, the website is kind of overwhelming, but if you want to call me-I can explain it the best I know so far!
I thought this was TOO GOOD not to share! :) Hope y'all enjoy!

PS-Suzanne, if you want to add a couple more examples of good deals you told me about, add it in the comments. I can't remember the exact details enough to share, but you know! :)

PPS-If you want to use me as a referral...my email address is ashleyb306@Hotmail.com, but I wouldn't mind if you used Suzanne either. Hers is suzanne.mizell@hcs.k12.al.us. I think you get months free for referrals.

3 comments:

Leah Maria said...

Ashley,

This is Leah Hale. I'm not sure if you remember me from school (I was a grade behind you), but a great blog I enjoy reading is http://www.moneysavingmom.com/. She has LOADS of tips, how to use CVS, RiteAid, and Walgreens; not to mention all the links to coupons and free stuff.

Your son is too cute!

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you shared the news! Just to get you even MORE motivated, I just went to CVS and bought 3 bottles of Benadryl, Neosporin, Band-aids, and tampons.........guess what I paid??????? $6.50!!!!! WHOA! I saved $14.50......almost enough to buy the books you recommended to me yesterday! Happy Shopping...call for ANY shoppind advice you may need.....until you get more used to it, it can be quite overwhelming, but DEFINITELY worth the extra time/trouble. Love you!

Suzanne

Beth said...

Yes! This is good. I found the coupon mom website about a month ago. I LOVE all this $$ saving!!!!!!!! Fill me in on any ideas or tips!