Saturday, July 12, 2008

Window Issue-Please Help!!!

I am writing this for Erika and my other design savvy friends out there. Walker, Sawyer and I went to Dothan today with a specific goal:
find curtains to cover our windows. (Sorry we didn't make it by your house, D! We were on a mission. I'm still planning to come see your little man soon!)

When Katie came, we had to hang a sheet in the window to give her some privacy. So, we went to Bed Bath and Beyond and found some raw silk-looking curtains I like-HOWEVER, I don't know what to do with them now that we've gotten them home.
Please check out my arched transom over my windows (they look like this in the dining room, guest bedroom, and playroom), and please tell me where the rod goes. I am CLUELESS! Walker and I are in a disagreement about this subject at the moment, so the sooner we can get this resolved the better! :) Thanks in advance for your wisdom! I know y'all are all smarter than me about this stuff!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me that I have an email flagged that I owe you a response to!! AHHH, I'm the worst friend ever! You can go thru the place where the arched transom and window are mulled, or you can over over the arch. Arch windows are tricky... and often look better outside a house than inside. Teale (a fellow blogger) posed this same question to me a few months ago and I suggested covering the arch with a valence... I'll send you a sketch. It blocks the light and looks good. It costs a little more, but I think you and Walker are handy enough to handle it. I'll sketch and email you.
xoxo
e

Ashley said...

E! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!
I hated to email you about it again, but dang, girl! What a quick response!! THANK YOU!! You're not the worst friend...I may be-but not you! You're a good one! Can't wait to see what you come up with for me! love you! ashley

Darby said...

What's wrong with a sheet? :) While you are out shopping for curtains could you please find some for John Martin's nursery? THANKS! :) No worries about not coming by... we'll be here forever. I may never leave my house again! Love you! As for the curtains... whatever Erika said sounds good to me!

Beth said...

I first want to say, I love your windows! They are a good "problem" to have. They let in soooo much natural light and I am a BIG fan of that! I like the valance idea too. I also like placing the curtain where the transom and window are mulled. Then you still have some light but you have privacy as well. That's just my opinion but I think you should probably do what the professional says!!!
Thank you soooooo much for the comment! We love you guys very much and we miss y'all a WHOLE bunch! When are you going to make that trip to Andalusia you promised?!

Anonymous said...

Ashley, I misssss you! Love Mrs. Cathy