Monday, June 2, 2008

Update

Grandmother passed away Thursday night about 10:00. The services were held Saturday in Tennessee, and they truly were worship services. It really wasn't a sad day. Grandmother was 91, and we'll miss her terribly, but we all knew how strong her faith was and she is in a much better place. She was ready to go. Her old body was just worn out. The service was such a testimony to the way she lived her life. She served a lot, so she stood out from the crowd at her church. She was one who was willing to do anything, because she wanted to serve God.
The preacher at my parents' church included her in the majority of the sermon on Sunday morning too. He couldn't help but notice that she had built her life on the rock, and although times had been hard, she had always trusted in God and knew he had a purpose for her. I hope one day people at my funeral will be able to speak like that about me.
Thank you for your prayers!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

My heart hurts for you. I love you and I'm praying for all of you. Call me tomorrow and let me know what you find out. I'm not going to be able to come- VBS...forgot!

Josh and Lyndsay said...

We are praying for all of you! Let us know if it's a boy or a girl!! :)

DeAnne DuBose said...

Your in our thoughts and prayers. I love you Ashley and if you need anything, please let me know.

The Clarks said...

Praying for you and your family! Isn't it a wonderful feeling to know we'll see our loved ones again one day?!

Samantha said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, but what a blessing it is to have a Godly heritage. It sounds like the service was wonderful. It's also my hope to leave this world having been a faithful servant...Take care!