Monday, June 23, 2008

Back to the Beach

This time it was a girls' weekend at Allyson's with my friends, Sarah, Lenzie, and Ashley "Bourland" Collins. I headed to Allyson's Friday afternoon when Walker got home from work. He and Sawyer headed to Granny Beck's for the weekend, so they had a great weekend too. It was strange not to have my little buddy in the backseat on the way down, but I thoroughly enjoyed the little break. We just hung around Allyson's Friday night talking. Saturday we spent the day at the beach, and we were blessed with beautiful weather. Then, we got back to Allyson's and took showers and had a baby shower in our pjs for the three out of the five of us that are pregnant. It was great! Thanks girls for my diapers and cute owl bib!
HAVE I MENTIONED THAT ALLYSON'S PREGNANT!?!?!?! I think most of you know this, but I haven't posted anything about my soon-to-be little nephew or niece. I think I'm as excited about her baby as I am about our little #2! Allyson's due date is December 27th, so we'll have a little Christmas baby. Our babies will be about 7 weeks apart. I can't wait to see the two of them playing together!
Saturday night we went to eat at Captain Anderson's, and it was delicious. Everyone else headed home early Sunday morning, because Bourland had a long trip back, but I was able to stay and go to church with Al and Wes.
It's so funny how our conversations have changed so much-especially since college. Most of them revolved around our children. I enjoyed it very much! Thanks girls for a great weekend! I'll look forward to next year!

Allyson, Me, Bourland, Sarah, and Lenzie

Allyson's House decorated for Our Shower

10 comments:

Shonna said...

You and Allyson do not even look like twinkies in that picture...I have always thought y'all looked so mcuh alike!!! Glad you had a chance to get away with just the girls. But most importantly I am glad it was good beach weather!!!

PS Congrats to Wes and Allyson!

Josh and Lyndsay said...

Hello! I love just a good ole' girls day/night out. Tell Allyson amd Wes congrats.

Anonymous said...

I miss you Ashley! Your smile every Sunday always brightened my day! Hope everything is going well!

Emily Chappell said...

I DIDN"T KNOW ABOUT ALLYSON!! That is way exciting news!!! Tell her I said congrats! and Wes, too.

lindsay said...

I HAD NO IDEA Allyson was having a baby!! Tell her congrats for me and now she has to start a blog of her own too!! Looks like you guys had a blast- miss ya'll!

Beth said...

I almost "let the cat out of the bag" at church Sunday about Allyson! I didn't know if y'all were telling yet but now it's open news. So... Congratulations Allyson and Wes! Glad y'all had the opportunity to get away and enjoy some time with the girls. I bet Walker and Sawyer missed you! Both you hot mamas are lookin' great!!!

Tara Verdigets said...

Tell Allyson I said Congrats! I had no idea..She's gotta start blogging :)
Tara Verdigets

Beth said...

Hello Sawyer,
I would love to come and play with you. When is a good time for your mama to have company? Please tell her to let my mama know and we will come over and play in the water! I miss you too!
Love,
John Luke

The Clarks said...

Okay, Miss Priss--I think it's about time for you to start lookin' a little pregnant. Only kidding...you look great! You and Allyson are going to have so much fun with babies so close in age. Congrats to Allyson and Wes!!

Amber said...

YEAH for Allyson! I am so excited for her and Wes. Please tell her congratulations! You will have to keep us updated and let us know if it is a boy or girl (if she is finding out). That will be fun to have cousins so close in age!