Monday, September 29, 2008

Sunday Afternoon

Walker, Sawyer and I made a quick trip to a pond by our house yesterday afternoon to go fishing. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it! :) I LOVE having Walker around! I got a couple of bites, but they both got away...so, we didn't have much luck fishing-but it was a fun trip anyway. Walker had shown Sawyer how to throw the rocks in the pond, so that's what Sawyer did the whole time we fished.

Yesterday morning at church we had 2 couples come into our Sunday School class to give marriage advice. One couple had been married 19 years and another couple had been married 32 years. They were both sweet, and I enjoyed hearing their wisdom on marriage.
Basically, they went over the role of a man and woman in a marriage from Ephesians Ch. 5. I think it's good to be reminded every once in a while how we were designed to help and encourage our husbands and how God designed marriage to be the closest thing on Earth to our relationship with Him. They said to make sure that your spouse is your number 2 priority behind God-even above our precious little children. They also reminded us that our mouths are powerful, and we need to be building up our husbands with what we say and do. I'm so thankful that God gave me Walker, because he really is easy to love and respect! Thought I'd share a couple of pictures from our fishing trip.


6 comments:

Julie said...

Girl, you can't even tell you are having another baby with Sawyer in front of your stomach!! It is good to see that you are still beaming. I love to go fishing, and can't wait for John Parker and Sawyer to enjoy the beautiful outdoors together as brothers and buddies!! I am sure you feel the same about your Saw-man and Eli. :)

Beth said...

How sweet! I didn't know you had a pond near your house~

I love the advice from your Sunday School visitors! I think I am learning more and more with every passing day how true EVERY BIT of that really is!!!!!!

I'm so ready to meet Eli! I bet you are too. But you look great!!!

The Martin Family said...

What a sweet family! That looks like the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon! I wish we were right there beside you.
What a great reminder from some wise people! I've had to remind myself often during the past few months of little sleep that just because I'm tired doesn't give me the excuse to be short and snappy with my sweet husband. Can't say I've been perfect, but I'm trying! Thanks for reminding me again!!!

Anonymous said...

You are always hiding that cute belly! Me and Dee hope to come and see you after the new baby comes...there might even be a home cooked meal involved!

Allyson said...

What a fun trip!! Looks like Sawyer man was trying to get away -always on the move!! Can't wait til I get to see y'all this weekend!! Love you!

rusty said...

Nothing like taking your kids fishing. I took Rachel and Ryan down to our pond Saturday and untangled lines more than fished, but it was worth it. Enjoy every minute of them cous. Hope we can get out that way some day soon. Good knowing you have family out there, even if you've never met them.
Rusty Williams, in SC