Thursday, September 11, 2008

2 Days at Home

I may have a little comedian on my hands with Sawyer Williams. That boy cracks me up. We spent all day at home yesterday-excpet for our little walk around the neighborhood. I thought a walk sounded like fun, and Sawyer's gotten big enough to hold his own walking. But... we went a little too far, and he got tired-so I ended up carrying him up part of the steep hill beside our house. I'm sure we would have been a sight if someone had seen us. I'm only 8 months pregnant with a little boy who's in the 90th percentile for weight!!!!
I was glad to make it home! When we got close, he said, "Hey House!" That was the first time he's really put 2 words together. They asked me if he could do this at his 18 month checkup, and I got a little stressed out b/c he couldn't. Dr. Bang came in and said that was really a 2 year skill, but I guess he was excited as I was to see our house after our excursion!
When Walker got home we walked down to the pond by our house. Walker started throwing rocks in the pond. So in a few minutes, Sawyer starts to throw rocks in the pond. It's SO MUCH FUN to watch him grow up and to mimic what his daddy does! I really realize more and more how blessed I am to be able to spend so much time with my little boy! He is a hoot!
Today, I decided we should head to the park-about 11:30 am. OF COURSE, we were the only ones there. It's only 90 degrees in Enterprise, AL today. Oh well! The heat doesn't seem to bother Sawyer too bad, and I enjoyed getting out. Thought I'd share a few pictures.
In other news...Our little deer came back in the backyard at lunchtime today, but she wouldn't stay still long enough for a picture. I'm still trying to get her in action. Sawyer tries to call her now when we go outside, "Deer, Deer" (and he claps)...I keep wishing she'd cooperate for him!





These were the only other two kids at the park! :)

5 comments:

Beth said...

Oh Ashley and Sawyer... John Luke and I MISS y'all terribly!!! We would have gone walking and to the park with y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley said...

beth,
i really wish y'all could have! i thought about you while we were there!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope to see you sometime! Hope the pregnancy is going well can't wait to meet Eli!

Samantha said...

Aren't you glad you took my advice about staying home? haha! I'm glad you're enjoying being at home. Sawyer is a precious doll!

Jenifer Earnest said...

Ha! That's funny (the "only other kids at the park"). I guess you are the only fun Mama in Enterprise:)