Saturday, October 11, 2008

Scarecrows in the Park


We had a family outing this morning to Opp to go see the "Scarecrows in the Park." Beth had recommended going, and I'm glad she did. It was a fun way to spend a Saturday morning. There were 2 nature trails with over 100 scarecrow exhibits. I admit they were CRACKING me up! It doesn't take too much to amuse me, but a couple of my favorites were titled, "I aint got noBODY!"-and it was just the scarecrow head hanging from the tree. Another was the bald, golfing scarecrow that resembled my Uncle Ray enough to make it pretty hilarious!
This was Sawyer's reaction to a lot of the scarecrows-like Check this out! He'd pat their legs and talk to them.

He was talking to this lady, saying "Hi Scarecrow!"

Here's my Uncle Ray

Sawyer riding the tricycle with the pumpkin-head gang

On our way to Opp, we saw that Ino Baptist was having a pumpkin patch too, so we stopped and bought ANOTHER pumpkin and I took pictures of Sawyer in the pumpkin patch! He wasn't exactly in a posing mood at the pumpkin patch, but he liked playing in them anyway.



I don't think I've ever enjoyed the "Halloween season" quite as much as I have this year. I'm really hoping that little Eli will make his entrance before Halloween in enough time that I can dress Sawyer up and take him trick-or-treating. Oh the joys of being Mama!! I bought a dog costume at the consignment sale in Enterprise about 3weeks ago, and I CAN NOT WAIT to paint his little face and have everyone ooh & ahhh over my little puppy! :) He'll just love the candy!!

By the way-I am in desperate need of a new camera. You can tell mine is so fuzzy from the pictures if I zoom in at all. So, if anyone has one they'd like to recommend...Please do!!!

7 comments:

Allyson said...

What a good way to spend a Saturday morning. I didn't imagine the scarecrow park being so cute!

Beth said...

I'm glad y'all got to go see the scarecrows! Wasn't it so fun and relaxing?!!

I've been wanting a picture in a whole bunch of pumpkins. That's cute!

I hate I missed your call yesterday! I tried you back, but you must have already left!

Oh yea, I have a camera you can buy!!!!

Josh and Lyndsay said...

Josh and I need to go to scarecrows in the park!!!
Also, all of those pumpkins (600 of them) were lovingly carried off the truck by my mom, dad, and their sunday school class. I can't imagine unloading that many pumpkins.
I need to try and get by there and pick me and Josh one out!!

P.S. I have a Kodak Easyshare 10 Zoom Camera. Love it!

Tara said...

Love your little man in the scarecrow pictures...too cute! Can't wait to see him dressed up as a puppy! I've got a Nikon Coolpix s550 and I l-o-v-e it!! I did my research it was the best bang for your buck. It's tiny, so it's easy to take anywhere with you and it seems to take much better pictures than my Kodak I'd had for 4 years that finally bit the dust. Happy shopping! :)

p.s. Do you find yourself singing "you're down with o-p-p yeah you know me" when you go there? Or is it just me?! HA!

The Clarks said...

Looks like Sawyer made some new friends at the scarecrow exhibit! Glad y'all had a fun time!

Ashley said...

haha, tara! I always think, "You down with O-P-P....yeah, natalie!" Oh...rush!!! :) Fun stuff! Thanks for the camera info! I'll have to definitely check it out!! Did you find yours by the way??

Tara said...

I'd totally forgotten about the Natalie part...ah, memories!! Nope, never found my camera but my mother in law brought me the same exact one as an early Christmas present last weekend! I highly recommend it!