Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy Thoughts!

I feel like a different bird today. Walker got home last night, and we ate supper. Then he proceeded to clean the kitchen and my child while I laid on the couch. So, after a good night's rest...I'm feeling good today.
I thought on a lighter, brighter note, I'd add a few of my favorite things-just for fun! :)
So, in no particular order....

1. Taylor Swift CD
Walker gave it to me last Christmas, and I still enjoy it! There's probably a new cd out by now that I need to look for...but this has been one of my all time favorites.


2. The Hook & Ladder Sandwich from Firehouse Subs
Allyson KEPT telling me about how she loved Firehouse! Well, Enterprise now has our very own Firehouse Subs, and I enjoy it a lot! My favorite is The Hook & Ladder. It's Smoked Turkey Breast and Virginia Honey Ham smothered with Monterey Jack and served “Fully Involved." I also enjoy the fact that when you walk in the door they all yell out, "Welcome to Firehouse!" So nice! :)



3. MAC Makeup Studio Fix Powder/Foundation
I'm not one to splurge on makeup, so this powder suits me well. It's a powder/foundation in one that goes on very smoothly. It lasts a long time for $26. I'm a fan!


4. Baby's First Year Calendar
This one is from CR Gibson.

Katie gave me one when Sawyer was born. I liked it a lot, because it's full of stickers-so when he hit a milestone like "drank from a cup," -you just put your little sticker on the date. It also had room for me to write his favorite things each month, sleeping habits, funny things he did, etc. I'm glad to have such a good reference when Eli arrives, so I can see how similar/different my two boys are. It's also nice, because I didn't have to drag out the baby book each time he did something new! I went and bought 2 more today, one for Eli and one for my little nephew Caleb! :)

5. Fireproof
I know I already mentioned it on here, but I just wanted to reemphasize how much I enjoyed this movie! I wish they made more like it! :)

5 comments:

The Martin Family said...

glad you're feeling better today...because I fear it'll get a little worse before it gets better! hang in there, mama! hopefully only another week or two and it will all be worth it! can't wait to see your new little man! miss you!

Beth said...

Did you know I had bought you one of those calendars for Eli?! I knew you said you really liked the one you had for Sawyer. Oh well, I guess I'll put it away for the next one!!!

Allyson said...

That's so nice that Beth bought you that calendar you like so much!! She's a good friend/listener!! I enjoy all 5 of those things very much!! Good post. thanks for sharing.

Emily Chappell said...

I am with you on #'s 2 &3! LOVE hook and ladder and love studio fix!!

love you too!

The Clarks said...

So glad you're feeling better! Thanks for the sweet comments about my boys. And, oh, the sausage bacon wraps were a hit. Everyone loved them and wanted the recipe!! Thanks for sharing! I thought Ben was going to "take care of them" before we ever got to the reception! They were yummy!