Saturday, October 4, 2008

Another Shower for Eli


I didn't expect to have a baby shower for my second little boy, but thanks to my friends in Andalusia and now, my sweet in-laws...we just had our second. We're SO BLESSED! It was a fantastic day! All the men went dove shooting at "the farm" while we had a baby shower. Allyson and Wes made the trip from PCB b/c they're REALLY NICE to gather with Walker's family to celebrate Eli!
Diana hosted the shower at her house. We had a fancy tea party, because Gracie & Sadie are all into a tea party-complete with crystal glasses and linen napkins! :) If you live close to Eufaula, AL, Tisa's Cakes makes THE BEST birthday cakes and petafores (how do you spell that word??) you have ever tasted (they're also really cute!)...It's really kind of ridiculous how good they are!
Eli got lots of fantastic gifts and Baby Harper did pretty well too!!
Walker has a big place on his shoulder that's going to turn into a bruise from the dove shoot b/c he shot so many times. It was a very successful hunt according to Walker, "one of the best he's ever been on." I think we have 35 doves and Wes and Al went home with 34....so, they had fun! I should have gotten a picture of them in their camo. They were cute!

Aunt D's house is not only toyland, but it comes complete with chickens, cows, goats, dogs, and a cat! Could a little boy ask for anything more???
Well, to be quite honest....Sawyer HAD A CONNIPTION at their baby calf, Ella Bell. I don't know what it was. The big cows were fine, but when Ella Bell started mooing..she scared him to death! Who knew?
I am absolutely exhausted tonight and ready to climb into bed, but I wanted to share a few pictures from our fun day!

5 comments:

Allyson said...

We both had such a good time yesterday!! Thanks for having us!

Beth said...

How sweet of your family! I know y'all had a great time. You and Allyson look beautiful! I know Sawyer had a great time "down on the farm". John Luke would loved to have been right there with him!! I can't wait to see Mr. Eli and the rest of the crew! The time is getting closer and closer!

And Baby Harper will be here soon as well! Is there a name yet??

Ashley said...

Baby Harper has a name now, Beth! Check out Allyson's blog! :)

Beth said...

I love that song! I wish I could have heard it! I LOVE music! It's so inspiring--there's nothing better than to hear some good music!!!!

Julie said...

I think it is so neat and special that you and your twin sis are prego at the same time.

Y'all both look beautiful as ever!