Thursday, January 31, 2008

Wow-Wow-Wee


Sawyer is a sick little fella today. I took him to the doctor yesterday. He has a cold and an ear infection. So, instead of going to Bible study this morning, which is our usual Thursday routine, I'm at home playing on the computer while Sawyer takes a nap.

I thought I'd give a shout out to my lovely husband today that allows me this opportunity. :) I'm still a little amazed that Walker chose me to be his wife. He really is fantastic! I know a lot of you that know him think a lot of him, but to be his wife and to see how he is on a daily basis...He is such a blessing to me! THANK YOU, LORD!

It's neat to think back to how we met. Walker and I met in the stinkiest, old building, Funchess Hall in Auburn. We had a class together my sophomore year. Walker sat in front of me. He was nice (of course), but I didn't think much about him, and he didn't think much about me. However, probably a year later, I remember seeing him at Schlotzkey's. He was with some friends and I was too. I remember thinking, I'd really like to talk to him. I guess it was then that I realized there was something special about him, but I just said hi. He says he saw me at a football game later, but I don't remember that.
Anyway, in June 2002, Walker and I were both at a prestigious location in Auburn called the Blue Room, and God allowed us to begin our fairy-tale romance! :) Isn't that funny? 17th Floor was playing, and we were both fans! What a story to tell Sawyer, huh?
I really do believe it was the Lord's timing for us! We began dating, two months later I moved to Birmingham, 6 months later he moved to Fort Payne, and two years later we were married. God had shown me Walker was suppose to be my husband. It's so neat to think how God knew so much better than I did what I needed! AND that He provided him!
Walker's such a great husband, daddy, son, brother, brother-in-law, uncle, friend, employee, etc.
Anyway, not to go on and on, but I thought I'd include a few pictures of his favorite things.



Heres's a two-in-one photo...His lovely wife and the farm. Walker grew up farming every day of his life. His brother and dad still do. He loves it when he can help them on the farm now, and he likes his job because he's able to help farmers. It's definitely a big part of who he is.


Isn't this a cool picture? What form!! He likes to play as much as he likes to work-probably a good thing he doesn't farm full time.

Walker loves kids in general, but this daddy loves Sawyer Williams! The feeling is mutual. Sawyer talks about him all day long! Then, when it's time for Walker to get home, he goes NUTS! They are definitely "play-prettys" (as Walker would say).

I think I've shared this picture before, but this is the original Williams family.

He'll go deer hunting, but there's not much he likes better than turkey hunting. It is neat how they call the turkeys. Walker and his daddy are good turkey hunters. When they return with their bird, they video themselves telling the story of the hunt-it looks like a tape they could send in to be on a hunting show. He's already told me he wants to go a lot this year! Last year, Sawyer was brand new, so he only went turkey hunting a few times. I feel like this year will be a different story.




One more-just because they're cute! :)

He does have another favorite-but being a devoted Auburn fan, I'd rather not mention it...Oh well! I love him anyway!


Hope you have a great Thursday!


14 comments:

Tara Verdigets said...

Cute, cute, cute post! I especially like the part at the end. We'll keep that part on the down low :) Ha!

Anonymous said...

That was sweet! I enjoyed it. Almost liked it as much as your tribute to me :). He is a good one!! Bah bye. - Allyson

The Clarks said...

So sweet Ashley!! You've definitely got a good one!

The Clarks said...

Oh, I forgot....Send a BIG ROLL TIDE to Walker for me!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!! So precious! I also loved the history of how you met - I didn't know all that. Funchess Hall- what a horrible name!
love you ash!
ez

Emily Chappell said...

I did not know ya'll "met" at the Blue Room. That is hilarious! What a sweet hubby you have.

The Nebrigs said...

such a sweet post!

Julie said...

I agree with Mendy! Send Walker a ROLL TIDE message from me too! Maybe Sawyer will follow in his daddy's footsteps towards the "Crimson Family"!!!! :)

Beth said...

Ashley, this is sweet. How is Sawyer feeling?

Ashley said...

Julie Hardy,
You better watch your mouth!! We don't kid about things like that around here, girl!! Sawyer and I are Tigers-all the way! War Eagle!! :)

Jennie-Marie said...

Ok that is an awesome post! Walker has a really special wife too. I love that God has it all figured out for us, He only asks that we turn to Him and trust Him.
**I do love the Blue Room part.

Anonymous said...

I hope Sawyer is feeling better! I didn't know that yall "met" at the Blue Room...um, I don't tell many people this but Clay and I met at Botchers! (And we haven't even been back since that night over 4 years ago.) Looks like we will both have interesting stories to tell our sons about how mom and dad met a a bar...I think I might leave that part out until he is older!

Anonymous said...

Did I mention that Adam Hood was playing at Botchers that night? That makes it a little better because I did like to hear him play!

Amber said...

Such a sweet post ashley!! Just for clarification, Funchess Hall STILL smells bad, and I love the fact that you and Walker "met" at Blue Room (which is better known to us as SkyBar now I think)