Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My Other Better Half, aka "Brown-Brown"








I was inspired by Erika's guest blog on Darby's blog to create a post dedicated to Allyson. It's still strange to think some of you know me really well, but you don't know her that well.


Well, before there was Walker or Sawyer, I was always a "we" or an "us." It wasn't, "I'm going to do this or that...it was we are.." We always shared a bedroom, went to Auburn together (where we were roommates or suitemates, then moved to Birmingham together to face the "real world." Then, I got married and was bound and determined to find Allyson a South Alabama boy too! It all worked out, and now she lives in PCB. Anyway....being a twin has been one of THE greatest blessings in my life! I love this kid like you wouldn't believe! She really is the nicest person that I know! I'm really jealous of ol' Wesley Harper, who gets to spend so much time with her! Since I got married, I've been limited to lots of phone calls and weekend visits, but I'm praying really, really hard though that one day it will work out where I get to share lots of her time again!

Here's a few pictures of me and Al.
(I got a little scanner happy, but I thought Allyson might enjoy!)

"FLASH-BACK!"











Us with a few dolls and our other sister, Kaite, who we like a lot now too! :)















17 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is AWESOME! i love it!!!!!!!!

lindsay said...

Man I miss you guys!

The Clarks said...

Ashley, that was so sweet! I almost cried looking at the ones where you were little. It reminded me of some I have of Kelley and me. Man, where does the time go???

Darby said...

I love it!!!! Most precious post ever! Especially the one of all the dolls and animals... it reminds me of what M & P would do. I hope Morgan will write a blog about Paiger one day!!! Love you both to pieces... since Americus didn't work out... how 'bout Dothan? I'm workin' on E, you work on Al... ok?

Shonna said...

There is no other bond like the one you have with a sister! I loved reading your post...you and Allison are some of the sweetest, most genuine girls I know!!! I hope that you get to move even closer to her one day, but we sure will miss the Williams family being here in Andy!

Beth said...

That was precious Ashley! Don't you just love those sisters?!! I love the ones when you were little. I certainly couldn't pick you out in those pictures!!

Jennie-Marie said...

Such a great post. I have never thought about there always being a "we" and "us" that's really special.

Amber said...

I love all the cute pictures of you and Allyson! My sister, Avery, and I used to line up all our dolls too. They were our "class". So fun. Thanks for sharing!

Emily Chappell said...

Love it. And I love both of you!

The Martin Family said...

That is just too much! I don't think I've ever seen all those pictures of you when you were little - I love it! And I love both of you to pieces!!

Anonymous said...

Wow wow wee!! What do i say to a post all about me??

If I only had a blog, i would do a tribute back to you. one of these days...

thank you very much!! Love you Brown!

some of those pictures i haven't seen very much. are those from grandmother brown? and do you have more of the ones from your bachelorette party weekend? that's when i met ol' wesley harper and i would love to see:) love you!!

-Al

anna and geoffrey said...

I love this post! Tell your sister I miss her! She was my last roomate before getting married and living with a boy forever :)

Anonymous said...

I am especially loving that last pic of the pink and blue "dancing panda bears"...classic! Yall are too cute and I am so glad that I am friends with such a sweet set of twins (actually 2 sets with D and E).

Ashley said...

Lenz,
Don't you know those were our favorite church outfits! We LOVED the dancing pandas!

Anonymous said...

Ashley Brown!! That is the sweetest thing! I can remember seeing y'all at Covenant (y'all were probably 5) thinking that y'all were the coolest thing ever! b/c I thought it must be soooo cool to be twins----I guess I was right! Y'all are so sweet to eachother & everyone fortunate enough to know you!! Love you both, Browns! :) XOXO

The Nebrigs said...

i love this Post!! It really makes me want to be a twin!! Or have some! It shows how much fun growing up together must have been. You guys are great!

Ashley Turnbull said...

Ashley, this is really random, but I found your blog through many others - I went to Auburn too and was in graduate school with Wesley Harper! His office was right next door to mine in civil engineering - would love to know what he is up to (obviously, he got married!). Tell him that I said hello via the random blog world (Maiden name: Owens). Your family is really cute!