Sunday, February 8, 2009

Smoking their pipes

When my sweet Grandmother Brown was sick with emphysema, she'd talk about her breathing treatments as "smoking her pipe." Hers looked more like a pipe, but that's what we're up to here at Casa de Williams-Breathing Treatments. Eli has RSV. The doctor said Sawyer would probably get it or have lots of the same symptoms. He's not nearly as sick as Eli, but he's not 100% either. Sweet Eli sounds terrible, but the doctor said yesterday and today would be the worst days. So, I apologize for my lack of posts. Between changing diapers, feeding a baby, feeding Sawyer, holding my boys while they smoke their pipe, and not feeling 100% either...I'm a little behind. However, I think we're on the road to recovery. The doctor said we should be well by Thursday. So, that's my prayer. We've got a birthday coming up! For all of you nursing or former nursing mama, what kind of drugs can I take? So far, I've just taken Ibuprofen, but I'd really like some DayQuil cold medicine if that's okay.


Notice Sawyer's robe. It came out of Eli's drawer, a 0-9 month.
Here's Caleb and "Allyson" or "Aunt Al" or "Sissy"-Sawyer will call her all three depending on the second. Caleb's a little dollface for sure!!! He and Allyson came last Wednesday to spend the day with us, and Eli got sick Wednesday night. THANK THE LORD Caleb is still healthy! I hope we didn't scare them off forever! :)
PS-HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY TO MY WONDERFUL DADDY! I love you, and I wish we could be there to celebrate with you today! We're looking forward to seeing you next weekend!!

11 comments:

The Martin Family said...

Ash...that is terrible! Why do kids always get sick around their birthdays? And little bitty Eli with RSV - miserable! As far as medicine for you, anything designed to stop drainage would also dry up other fluids, so I'd only take it if absolutely necessary. You could always drink a lot more water to offset the medicine, maybe that would help. Call me and we'll discuss this more if needed! Hope ALL of you feel better soon! Love you!

Ashley said...

OH, that's right, Say! I'd forgotten about the "drying up" deal. THANKS for the info. I'll just keep popping those Ibuprofen. Thanks for the sympathy! You make me feel better! :) ps-this was going to be our big potty training weekend. Walker had taken off on Friday, but needless to say...it's been postponed. I have to admit that I was not too disappointed about that. :) Can you come potty train Sawyer for me???? I'll talk it over with Walker about compensation!

Anonymous said...

Hate you all are sick-- that's never any fun. Get Well Soon!! Kelley

Ashley said...

Thanks, Kelley! Tell your sweet girls hello for us! :)

Beth said...

I love your title!
I hate your sweet babies are sick! Sawyer looks like such a big boy sitting there "smoking his pipe".
John Luke would have to be sat on to make him smoke one!!!!

I cannot believe how much Eli is looking like Sawyer!!! In that one picture he is identical!!!!!!

Miss you guys! Love you lotS!!

Allyson said...

Hope they are feeling better before Thursday! I'm ready to party with Elmo!

Allyson said...

PS - thanks for saying Caleb is a looker - I sure do appreciate it (especially coming from you who knows a cute kid when you see one)!!

Ashley said...

Beth,
Sawyer wouldn't think about taking that breathing treatment 2 weeks ago when he needed one then. It took little brother showing him how to get him to do it, and then...no big deal! :) If you need to borrow Eli next time John Luke needs one, just let me know.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, we hope little Eli is getting better...Turner is definitely getting better everyday, but I think the cough will stick with him for a little while, oh well!

The Clarks said...

Ashley- I can sympathize with you completely on this one. Our nebulizer has become a permanent decoration in our living room for the past couple of months. Andrew is 5 months old and has had 4 colds already. It's terribel when the little ones are stopped up and congested. Hope recovery is soon for your sweet boys!

DeAnne DuBose said...

Ash, bless your sweet little heart and theirs! I've been smoking on my pipe for two weeks with bronchitis. I feel there pain and I can only imagine how you feel not being able to help these little guys feel better. I'll be praying for you all to get better soon!