Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sawyer's 2!




Sawyer-man turned two on Sunday...It was a fun day! He was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED about everything! (me too!) I've heard from several people they've never seen a 2-year old that excited about a birthday. Walker said he's like the rest of the Brown family...going to make a huge deal out of his birthday. We had an Elmo party full of family and a couple of friends.
Here's a few things I want to remember about my little man right now...
1. Yesterday he was calling his paci..."Bah-Bah, Where are you? Where are you, bah-bah??"
2. He's into making me laugh right now with his funny faces. Out of nowhere, I'll look over and he'll have this serious look on his face (waiting on me to look at him), and have his eyes rolled somewhere. It makes me laugh every time, but he doesn't start laughing when I do, because he knows he's cracking me up. Eventually, he'll burst out laughing too.
3. He'll come rub my arm and say, "Sweet Mama!" (He knows I like this too!)
4. When he goes down the slide he counts off every time-it's either "1, 2, 3.." or "Ready, Set, Go!"
5. When I'm changing his diaper, he likes to blow my hair.
6. When he feels the wind blow, he puts his hand in the air and says "AHHHHHHHHH!"
7. He talks to everything. For example, they're building a house across the street, so when we go outside, he says, "Hey, Tractor. Hey!"
8. When we go to the grocery store and someone speaks to Sawyer, he has to turn around and show them Eli.
9. He LOVES Walker to throw him up.
Sawyer: "Sky, Daddy!"
Walker: "You want to go to the sky?"
Sawyer: "I do!"
10. Pushing a Tractor/Truck around is the greatest thing.
11. He'll hold out his hand for me to take and say, "Come on, Mama. Come on!" (It's hard not to follow his instructions because it's REALLY sweet!)

These are just a few, but I realize he's changing so fast! I need to write it down, so I'll remember!
I took him for his 2-year checkup yesterday. He's in the 60th percentile for height and 95th for weight. If you've never had a child in the 95th percentile for weight...I'll just tell you what happened to me. The doctor gave a spill about not giving him "empty calories" or foods with too many carbs. He talked to me like I was a doe-doe head mama that was giving him Snickers for breakfast and cake for lunch. But other than that...we're healthy and happy! I wanted to say...."Look, doctor. Neither me nor my husband were skinny babies, and neither of us are obese. My sweet boy likes to eat and unlike most toddlers, he doesn't like to skip a meal." I told Allyson that I can get real defensive when someone tells me how to take care of my child.
OH WELL! I'm sure he gives that same spill to all mama's with children who are in the 95th percentile, and I just need to be thankful for my HEALTHY BOY!
Walker's reaction to Sawyer since birth has been, "Feed him, Ashley." He's just hoping for a big linebacker one day!
I knew I was going to love my kids, but I had no idea how much! Sawyer kind of exemplifies JOY to me (most of the time anyway)! I have REALLY enjoyed these past two years getting to know him. It's so neat to see him change and grow everyday! I know those of you with kids understand, so I won't go on and on...but anyway...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SAWYER! We love you lots!

To see all the pictures from the birthday party, click here. I don't know if they do the party justice, but I'll share what I have.
If you're thinking where's Allyson in these pictures?? Aunt Al, Uncle Wes and Caleb missed the party because Allyson and Caleb were sick, so we'll celebrate again with them soon.

7 comments:

Shonna said...

Two is so much fun...I know you will enjoy it!

Happy Birthday Sawyer!

kathunt said...

I love the birthday pics! Especially Elmo, Bennett seems to like Elmo, he has a couple little Elmo toys.
Calling the paci, that is too cute!! I think your idea of writing things down is great, that way you never forget, the things you think you'll never forget.
You should have given that doctor the business! If Sawyer will eat, feed him. That's the way Jeff & I feel. Any time Bennett cries Jeff says "do you think he's hungry" (he normally is).
I really enjoy your blog your boys are precious.
Katherine Hunt

The Nebrigs said...

girl, don't let that doctor make you feel like a "doe doe head" Finn has always been in the 95% and he goes some days with out eating? crazy huh? you tell that doc every kid grows at their own pace:)

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Sawyer Brown!!! I thought about him Sunday morning as we were getting dressed for church!

Was that Dr. Whitaker or Dr. Bang that talked to you that way? I'm of the belief that you feed them when they're hungry (even if it is cake for b'fast)!

I've always seen a difference in you and Allyson but that first picture of you with Sawyer, your profile looks just like Allyson.

Hope y'all are all doing well.

Beth said...

We enjoyed Sawyer's birthday party! Wish we had had more time to visit!

Happy Birthday Sawyer Man!~
We love you!

Julie said...

Belated birthday wishes to your Sawyer. I can't believe he's already the big 2! It seems like yesterday you and I were in the hallway discussing whether or not you were in labor and if you needed to head to the hospital. I'm sure you remember! ;) Looks like a great part! JP will having his 3rd b-day March 16th but we'll be partying on the 21st with Mickey Mouse(at our house not Disney Wordl! :)

DeAnne DuBose said...

He is two already..time is going by so fast! Happy Late Birthday Sawyer!!