Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Sawyer!




Our baby is now 1 year old! What a fantastic year I've had because of him! He is such a happy, fun-loving, precious boy! I'm so thankful to be his mama! He is such a joy beyond measure!


We made our unexpected trip to Hartselle on Wednesday. Walker was working, so Sawyer and I headed North. I was a little bummed that we had to leave Walker for Valentine's Day and for Sawyer's first birthday. I told Walker that, and he said, "Ashley, we treat Sawyer like everyday is his birthday." I laughed, because it's pretty true! I can't seem to help myself though!!!


Anyway...if we couldn't celebrate in Andalusia with Walker, I think we got the next best thing...Aunt Al, Gmama, and Granddaddy. I told Sawyer as long as he sticks with Gmama-he'll have a big birthday, because she'll make a big deal out of a birthday! She does birthdays full-blown! In fact, my dad had a birthday Feb. 8th, and he's still celebrating. He says although he use to not care about them, he's been living with Mama too long not to make a big deal out of his birthday.


To celebrate his birthday-day, we went to Chucky Cheese in Decatur, and he loved it! The loud music, all the kids, the pizza, and the rides were right up his alley!
He could not get over big Chucky while we ate, and then he started dancing! So funny! Then, he rode every little ride there, and he made a friend with this two-year old little girl. She wanted to ride everything with him, and he loved it! That was lunch...then Gmama got him a cake at the grocery store (which is unlike her really not to make it, but things have been a little hectic at the Brown house), and he had his first cupcake-which was a total hit!
Being his mama is the greatest thing ever! I know I enjoyed Sawyer's birthday as much as he did!
Click here to see More Pictures
Here's a little clip too-just for fun!

6 comments:

Darby said...

Happy Birthday big man!!

Tara said...

Happy Birthday, Sawyer! I wish I'd have known y'all were hitting up Chuck E Cheese...we'd have come and been party animals with you! Towns would have loved it! How's your grandmother??

Beth said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! I know he had a wonderful time at Chuck E Cheese! I bet his Mmama, Aunt Al, and Grandparents did too!!

The Martin Family said...

Sounds like a fantastic day! And I love all the pictures!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Sawyer! I loved all the pictures. I can't believe that Caleb will be a year old in just a few months! I haven't been brave enough to try Chucky Cheese....but it looks like Sawyer had a blast.

anna and geoffrey said...

Happy belated birthday, Sawyer :)