Wednesday, February 6, 2008

80 Degrees

Watching the Birds

Oh, I love a pretty, sunny day! These past few days have been fabulous! The rain is falling outside right now, and I know the cold weather is on it's way back-but the last two days have been beautiful! It makes me so ready for spring!
Sawyer has been enjoying it too! Yesterday afternoon we sat outside in our rocking chairs on the front porch and watched the birds. There were tons of them. I told Sawyer that he needed his daddy to identify them all for us, but we had fun spotting them. Things like that are so much fun with Sawyer. He's so interested in everything!
In the last few days, he's been up to a little mischief. He has:

  • crawled into the kitchen when the phone rang, and by the time I got in there he had turned the trash can upside down to eat the leftover rice cereal I had thrown out for breakfast. IT WAS FUNNY! Wish I had a picture of that! He had that mess everywhere-all over his face, on the floor...Thankfully, there was a new garbage bag in there, so it wasn't too gross, Just a mess!
  • learned to pull the dishwasher door down and crawl on top of the door-I found him in there just sitting Indian-style on the door. It's like the phone ringing is his cue to get into something.
  • turned the flower watering can over on himself-He had a look on his face like "What in the world did I do to soak myself??" He was SOAKED! Smiled through the whole thing...what a character.

8 comments:

Josh and Lyndsay said...

He is just adorable! I am glad he is feeling better!

The Martin Family said...

Little boys, little boys! What are we going to do with them? They sure do keep their mamas busy! I loved our talk yesterday!

Beth said...

I didn't know about the dishwasher story. How funny! I agree that these boys DO keep their mamas BUSY!! I guess little girls do too. And the weather is awesome! I feel the same way - I cannot wait for Spring. It's my favorite time of year!!!

Tara said...

Sawyer is too cute for words! Love his little Auburn shirt! Glad to see you're raising him right!! Random, but are you in the Thursday morning Bible study at FBC with my mom??

Ashley said...

Tara,
Yeah, I am! I see her ever Thursday!

The Clarks said...

How funny! My telephone time is definitely Ty's time to get into something. I think it's just one of those boy things.

Beth said...

Ashley, thank you for saying that about John Luke. That was very sweet!

The Nebrigs said...

I loved hearing what all Sawyer is getting into. It just made me smile and laugh reading it. He is so cute!