Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sawyer's on the Move





It's amazing how mobile Sawyer has gotten in the last few weeks. A friend of ours gave us the walker, and Sawyer is able to move around the house in it. He's also becoming mobile on the floor. I videoed him today scooting. If he wants something bad enough, he'll scoot over to get it (unless he changes his mind before he gets there). He's so funny! His favorite things right now are his mama's keys and that wooden spoon. We gave him Cheerios for the first time the other day, and I was laughing out loud watching him try to get that little bitty Cheerio into his mouth. The Cheerio would get stuck to his hand, fall on the floor, go down his shirt, get stuck under his chin before he was able to put it in his mouth. We've been working on this skill though, and a few days later...he's about got the Cheerios down. The other thing he really likes is juice. Walker was frustrated with the Sippy Cup people when I was only offering water, because he thought there should be a "transition" cup before a sippy cup, one with a nipple but looked like a Sippy Cup. However, I put a little juice in the Sippy Cup, and Sawyer quickly figured it out.
He's snoozing away right now. Sawyer gets SOOOOOO EXCITED when his daddy gets home, but he's sooooooooo tired by then. He hated to, but he went to bed about 6:30 tonight. I'm hoping he'll make it 12 hours at least.

2 comments:

The Martin Family said...

You threw me for a loop with the new look...I like it! And I love the pics of that cutie pie! Ford is a fan of the wooden spoon as well. I bet Sawyer will crawl in the next couple of weeks. Have you tried the pack-n-play? I want to know how it's going!!

Darby said...

Will you please kiss him for me?! I love his little cheeks!!