Monday, October 15, 2007

Happy Monday!



It is Monday, and I hope you all are having a great one! We've been walking this morning with my friend, Beth, and Sawyer's buddy, John Luke. They came over and played, and now Sawyer is snoozing!

If you've been around us lately, you know I have a pretty attached little boy! I'm doing my best to work on this! All I knew was that babies absorb a lot in the first few months of life, so I thought I was doing good by playing with him every waking moment-stimulating him by singing, reading, building blocks, swinging, etc. I realize I don't like to cook or clean, but I do like to play with my little boy. However, the nursery workers at church were having a time with Sawyer Williams. I don't think they appreciated what I was trying to do. I'm doing my best to let him play on his own more. He seems to enjoy it, and I think we are improving. He made it the full two hours at church Sunday morning in the nursery. This was quite a feat for both of us! I find myself wanting to squeeze him all day...but I'm trying to resist.

We had a good weekend. We went to a fall festival at Pleasant Home School Friday night, which is the county school South of Andalusia. Our church is good about reaching out into the community, so they planned the whole fall festival in order to invite people to church. They had a Christian band after the football game and two people were saved. I love the fact that our church has such a passion for outreach. I realize more and more the importance of sharing your faith. That's what we're here for-we are saved for his glory, and it should be our passion for others to know Him. I appreciate the fact that this is our church's goal.

So, that was Friday night. Saturday, Walker watched Alabama play football. He is disgusted with his team these days though. Sawyer and I went to Wal-Mart to buy a wedding present. We came home with two pumpkins too, so I'm going to try and make my front porch cute with a harvest theme. I have pumpkins so far and a stand to put them on. If anyone has any great ideas for me, let me know.
We went to a friend's wedding Saturday night, and then came home and watched the Auburn Tigers play football. They about give me a heart attack each week, but I do have faith in my Tigers, and thankfully, they were able to pull through on another Big Game! WAR EAGLE!
Sunday was church. Walker grilled steaks, and we ate out on our screened in porch. I'm thoroughly enjoying the cooler weather! Then, back to church for discipleship training. It didn't last long though, because although Sawyer is making progress with staying in the nursery...he's not there yet and was ready to go about 30 minutes into it.
He's a little rotten, but he sure is sweet!! :)

6 comments:

The Martin Family said...

I love that little Mama's boy, especially since I have one of my own! He is SOOOOO cute! His smile just lights up his whole face. I just want to kiss those precious cheeks! Can we please, please, please see each other soon??

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! He is precious. I am so glad that you have a blog now! I am putting a "Williams Family" link on my page for you! Thanks for sharing that cute boy...I mean, how could you not?

Shealy said...

Wow!! He looks just like Walker! He is so cute! I hope I get to see you all soon!!

lindsay said...

I'm glad you're blogging now! I think it's so much fun that Sawyer gets to grow up in the same town that I did! Make me proud, Sawyer! ;o)

anna and geoffrey said...

Hey Ashley! I love your blog. You have the most precous baby boy! (I see a lot of Allyson in him... which of course would mean a lot of you!) I hope things are good in 'ole Andy!! (We were there last weekend visiting my granddaddy - I should have looked you up! Tell Al I said "hi"...
Anna

Jennie-Marie said...

Yea another blog to read!! Sawyer is precious, i love his big smile, like is mama's! jm