Monday, October 26, 2009

E-li, E-li, OOOOOOOOOOOOOO


My sweet baby boy turned 1 today! He was born at 6:15 a.m. on this very day one year ago-if you'll remember my epidural did not work, so it's a crazy memorable day to me!! I am happy to say I survived the first year!! Really...I always thought in the back of my mind that Sawyer got SOOOOO MUCH easier when he turned 1, so if I could just make it (survive) until Eli turned 1, we'd be good to go! We're HERE! :) HOORAY!!

I can honestly say that this year has been one of my favorites yet! I am crazy more than half the time, and I'm always thankful to have a shower these days. I am constantly cleaning the floor or a face or some hineys, but I wouldn't trade these little doll faces that I live with for anything.
Eli Williams is SUCH a JOY and such an amazing addition to our little family. He still makes goo-goo eyes at me, and his smile is extremely contagious! He loves his brother, and the feeling is mutual. He says, "Mama" all day right now but can also say "Daddy" "bye-bye" and wave. Today he "played" with Sawyer in the sandbox, and I just watched. It was FUN!!!!!! I am definitely a proud mama!
It's crazy to think about what's in store for us this coming year and how much he's going to keep changing and growing!
Anyway...Happy Birthday, SWEET ELI!!!

We had a party to celebrate on Saturday in our backyard. I can not complain about the weather for an end of October birthday. It was chilly but nice. We had mostly family and our good friends the Woodalls over to celebrate. The party had a barnyard theme, so I made haystacks, pigs-n-a-blanket and animal crackers. We also had hotdogs, hamburgers and played several games. I made a bean bag toss and had a pin the tail on the cow game for the big kids. I enjoyed myself immensely! We don't "entertain" over here often, so when we do, I want everyone to enjoy themselves! Hope everyone that came did!

We missed the Braddocks, because sweet Julia had a fever, but we'll try again next year! A special thank you to Aunt Al. She got here on Wednesday (which I LOVED), and she helped a ton!
Here's a few pics from our party! :)





















8 comments:

Beth said...

How precious! Eli is so cute! He looks soooo much like his brother but yet he has his own look!
Glad it all went well. Everything looks super cute!
These babies are more than we could ever imagine!! Its amazing how much joy they bring!
Happy Birthday ELI! We love you guys!

Beth said...

BTW, thank you for posting pics on your blog for the one Non-Facebooker in the world!!!!!

Allyson said...

Hey! Thanks for the shout out, but you know it was my pleasure :). I'm on my way to Andy - want to meet me, please?? Love Eli Eli O!

Josh and Lyndsay said...

Happy Birthday Eli!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Asley!!
The party looked like so much fun! Happy Birthday Eli! Kelley

p.s. Give Walker a Big ROLL TIDE for me. Tell him Daddy said he was down in his back Sunday because he was helping to lift Cody off the ground( TWICE). HA HA !!!

Tara Verdigets said...

Happy Birthday, Eli!! We are having a barnyard party too in January! We are gonna do it girl-style!

Jennifer Simpson said...

What a cute party!! Happy Birthday Sweet Eli!

Emily said...

That is one cute kid!! And a very cute cow cake, too! Happy Birthday to Eli!