Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Peace

Most of you know my niece Caroline had major heart surgery today. I'm SO THANKFUL to report that everything went well!
Honestly, I don't know why, but it all of a sudden hit me last night about the magnitude of the surgery. (Kind of slow, I know!) But to put myself in Katie and Scott's shoes, and how would I handle it??
A PRECIOUS, TINY, ANGELIC little baby having surgery. What in the world to people do without faith in our Heavenly Father? The one who made us in His image for His glory. I don't know. I can't fathom that. I don't understand how anyone thinks that we are in control on this Earth, and it also makes me sad for people that don't have the same kind of faith. It breaks my heart for people that I know have had similar situations, but they were only relying on what they could see (doctors, themselves, medicine, others, etc).

Days like today make me stop and realize how BIG He is and how small we are, and it makes me think about what is important.
Katie wrote a post tonight about a peace that passes understanding. I think her life right now is exemplifying the peace that only God can give, because I know they aren't just words that she's writing. She's really honest about how she feels, and how else can it be explained but God? You can read more here. I'm in awe of it all! THANK YOU, LORD!

We can all have it. We only have to ask Jesus to be the Lord of our life and claim His truth. That's what Katie and Scott have done, and now they're able to walk in the faith that they have.

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

John 14:27
"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. "

Obviously, God allows trials and hard times to come, but we can either walk through those valleys in our own strength (and I sure don't want that!) or we can choose to walk in His.
I'm off to bed. I'm thankful for a peace tonight to rest.
Night-night, friends!

5 comments:

erika said...

Amen my friend! Praise the Lord that He gives us peace... can you imagine life without it? I love you and have been praying for your family continuously.
XOXO
mommasissy

Darby said...

I love you, Katie, and that sweet baby Caroline. Please continue to keep us all posted. I am praying for an uneventful recovery for her... praising the Father for His peace that he has given Katie and Scott. Thank you Jesus!!

Lisa said...

What a wonderful post. I am constantly amazed at the power of God. I don't think I had truly seen the magnitude of thought how powerful he was until Gray was born. I couldn't fathom any other way for this human to be born than by God forming every part of him. I think of Katie and Scott almost daily. She may not like it but I tell other people about her faith in Jesus during such overwhelming times in her life. I know I only see a small glimpse of your lives but the faith you guys have amazes me and encourages me. I love praying for your families.

Ashley said...

Thanks 3 sweet friends!!!!!! Love y'all! :)

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the good news of your little neice. God is good!!Kelley