Monday, September 21, 2009

Our Turnip Garden




Walker & Sawyer planted turnip seeds Saturday morning before our football watching began. I don't know if it's because Sawyer is a boy or if it's because he's like Walker, but he would rather be "working" than doing anything else! If you can't tell by the pictures, he is SERIOUSLY working! I like this about my sweet boy! We bought him a new rake at Lowe's Friday night, and he was ready to put it to good use Saturday morning. I don't like to eat turnip greens, but I'm excited to see these grow.
I should add that I adore this man!!!! REALLY! I love watching him with these two boys!
Also....a little update on my big boy's imagination, so I'll remember! They're building a house across the street from us, and there's a bulldozer parked across the street. We take him to climb on it in the afternoons when the workers go home, and he pretends that he has keys to drive it. Yesterday morning Sawyer and I were headed to church, and he starts telling me, "Oh no! I left my (imaginary) keys." He is UPSET about this, so I tell him we'll get them when we get home. That doesn't work, so I say, "Hold on. I'll tell that (imaginary) man over there to throw them to us." So, I act like I'm catching them and hand them to him. Sawyer takes the imaginary keys and puts them in his pocket and is perfectly happy.

It's HILARIOUS to me! It's definitely something all the time!

And here's my other sweet boy who is sick right now :(




We are suppose to be on our way to Hartselle right now, but unfortunately sweet Eli has been a little sick. He's had a fever and runny nose, so we're staying here until he's better. We're praying for Caroline who checks into the hospital at lunchtime today. I hope to go north in the morning!

2 comments:

Allyson said...

OH LOVE BUGS!! That is so much fun about the turnips. I won't ask for any, but I think it will be fun to watch them grow! See you tonight!!

Kristen said...

Turnips- YUM! I love to eat them, just not grow them, pick them or wash them!

So sorry Eli is sick. Jack tested positive for the flu this morning and has been pretty sick himself. Hope y'all are feeling better soon.

We'll be praying for all of y'all and especially sweet Caroline.