Thursday, June 11, 2009

Purple Diamonds

Walker & I are celebrating our 5th anniversary tomorrow. Just thought I'd share a funny story real quick....So....we have this anniversary coming up, and yesterday when I got home from VBS there was a message on the answering machine. It said, "This message is for Walker. This is so-and-so at Terra Cotta in Troy. I just wanted to give you a call and let you know we do have purple diamonds in stock. They're 21-99. Just come by if you're interested."
Walker was at work. I was confused. I thought purple diamonds? Interesting choice....I just assumed he had been looking for an anniversary gift for his lovely wife. So, I thought that sure is nice, but 21-99? Does that mean $21.99 or $2,199? I don't know of diamonds for $21.99, so I assumed again....I guess he's really going all out b/c it's our 5-year anniversary.
So...now, what to do? Do I tell him I got the message and ruin his surprise or do I ask him about it...What's a girl to do??
Well, I call Allyson to run the whole thing by her. She says, "OH! THAT'S SO NICE! WALKER'S SO NICE!" But she too is thinking, purple diamonds?? We both say how a pedicure or a giftcard would have worked, but purple diamonds are kind of fun. (We're sure although they're purple diamonds they're pretty-we know he has taste!) BUT...we're still confused...So, she decides to google terra cotta and look for these purple diamonds for $2,199.

When she does, we find out that "Terra Cotta" is a home & outdoor market, and these "purple diamonds" are actually outdoor plants that Walker's trying to find for his mama's yard.

GOOD THING WE GOOGLED IT! Otherwise, I would be expecting some $2,000 diamonds tomorrow.
I told Walker the whole story when he got home, and he thought we were very sneaky, but he thought the whole story was hilarious! :)

ANYWAY...Tomorrow we're going to head to the beach (where we know an excellent babysitter), and head out to dinner to celebrate "us."
I'm so thankful for Walker! He really is SUCH a fantastic husband, dad and friend! I am blessed to call him my husband!

The truth is when someone asks now about a time that you know God was really speaking to you or a time when you could really see God....I'd say when he gave me Walker Williams. God knew so much better than I did what I wanted/needed in a husband. It's something I really prayed about, and I think God showed-out when he gave me Walker! :)
Here's a few pictures from our wedding day!







Here's what we have to show for our last 5 years. Why the heck would I need purple diamonds?

I love you, Walker!

13 comments:

Allyson said...

That's a funny story and the end is so sweet! Diamonds shiamonds- that's what I say (don't tell Wes I said that though). You've got yourself a good life!!
P.S. Eli looks so cute in his cuz's pajamas.
Looking forward to tomorrow!!

Kristen said...

You two girls are funny! Great story. Sorry we didn't get to see you all today. We'll shoot for next week. Have a great weekend and Happy Anniversary!

erika said...

absolutely hilarious!!!
I thought it was gonna be some sort of tractor supply or something!
TOOO FUNNY!!
love you!!
EZ

Darby said...

Cracking up. Absolutely cracking up. That is soo funny. One time a man called here and asked for "my husband" and I said he's not here. He had the wrong wife and never called Justin by name and we went on and on like he was looking for JUstin.

Julie said...

That IS a funny story!!!! Happy 5 to the both of you. Jeremy and I just celebrated 5 in May--and two babies later. :)

Have a wonderful time with your hubby.

p.s. Should we expect #3 in 9--technically 10-- months as an anniversary gift? LOL!

Josh and Lyndsay said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope yall have a great weekend!!

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary! Your boys are too cute! That story is hilarious. Congratulations on the new niece. She's adorable.

Hilary said...

That story is funny :) Happy Anniversary to you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 5th Anniversary! I was excited to find your blog through Julie's blog. Our address is jasonandjessicatucker.blogspot.com. I'd love to keep in touch more....Eli & Sawyer are growing up fast!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! Micah and I are celebrating 11 years today! Purple diamonds would be great but I'm settling for a gas grill ( how romantic!!) Maybe the old saying " The way to a man's heart is through his stomach!! Kelley

Beth said...

That is a very funny story! I can see you girls trying to figure that one out!!!
Happy Anniversary (late)! I agree, you do have a sweet one to celebrate with! (And you're not too bad yourself!!~)

Jennifer Simpson said...

Too funny! Who needs purple diamonds anyway?! (Now yellow...that's a diff story...hehe) Congrats on your anny!

The Clarks said...

I loved the story! What sweet wedding pictures! Sometimes, don't you wish you could go back to that sweet day? I do. But then, I would jump back to today, so I would still have my boys!!

We just celebrated #7!! Where do the years go??

Happy Late Anniversary to such a sweet couple!

Love and miss y'all!