Tuesday, June 23, 2009

First Trip to the ER

We got up yesterday morning to a normal day. Everything was fine. It was another beautiful, hot day in Enterprise, AL until about 9:30. Eli was taking a nap in his bed, and I was outside with Sawyer talking about what we were going to do today. I mentioned swimming at "Beck-Beck's," and he said, "Ohhhhh! That'd be fun!" Then, he walks over to Walker's weight bench in the garage, and he knocks one of the weights onto his foot. AHHHHHHHH!!! He immediately started squalling. I pick him up. It is HUGE & blue with a big vein at the top. "Oh, Lord, help me! My two-year old has broken his foot" were my thoughts. I called Walker, and he didn't answer. Sawyer's squalling! I call him back. Thankfully, he answers. He's in Clayton working for the day, so he says he's on his way (a 45-minute drive). He'll meet me at the ER. Thankfully, I had already talked to my neighbor that morning and I knew she was home, so I call her. She tells me she'll be there in five minutes to keep Sawyer. She was! I grab Sawyer's new tractor and couple of diapers, change out of my pj's, and we head to the hospital. He is FINE in the backseat watching Barney playing with his tractor! I'm amazed! He acts just fine! I had a HAPPY, giggling kid in that lobby. When they took x-rays, I asked the radiologist for her opinion. She said, "I would have brought my child in." (I'm still thinking it's broken.) Anyway...about 12:30, we find out that he's okay-no broken bones...just a big bruise. I said, "THANK THE LORD!" The doctor said, I guess that's why the Lord gave him chubby feet. :) Probably so!

I took this picture late last night, so it really doesn't do the injury justice. It was HUGE! :)

He's up, jumping and playing today....Whew! I'm so thankful!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad he's ok...I know it scared you!

Anonymous said...

Glad Sawyer is o.k. We would love for ya'll to come and have a swim day at Mendy's soon. The Garner Girls

The Clarks said...

Yay for no broken bones!

What's going on next Thursday for y'all? We definitely need a swim day so we can see those sweet Williams boys! Andrew and Sawyer need to be playmates one day. Maybe we could get John Luke to come too. And whoever else wants to come swim with a bunch of little boys!