Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Retirement & Happy Baby!

Last week, Allyson, Caleb, Sawyer, Eli and I all traveled to Hartselle to celebrate my mom's retirement. They had a reception for her at school, so we couldn't miss it. We stayed up there until Wednesday morning, and then came home. THANKFULLY, Allyson and Caleb decided they'd just hang out with us for a couple more days. I was really glad they chose to stick around with us! Sawyer hopped in her car when it was time for them to go, because he wanted to go home with them. I had to pull him out of the car.


While they were here we had a baby shower for my friend, Beth. She's expecting a girl this time, so Kristen and I planned a shower for her at David's Catfish in Andalusia. It was REALLY fun just to get to go hang out with friends for a night. We decided we may have to start our get-togethers at 6 am instead of 6 pm, so we have more time to visit. We always seem to have to go before we run out of conversation, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself while we were there. Here are a few pictures from the week!
(I also THOUGHT I had Sawyer potty-trained, but he has proven me wrong the past couple of days with LOTS of messes! I'm not sure what happened, but I'm not giving up yet. We'll see!)


The Brown Family (minus Walker & Wes). Sawyer wanted to run around the library while the principal gave a speech. There were WAY too many teachers in the room for that, so we chose to hide in the back.

The Hostesses & Honoree -She looks FANTASTIC! Can't even tell she's pregant in this picture, can you?
Caleb and Eli kind of matched! :) Their mamas were playing dress up with them!
Allyson & Caleb with Mama
Grace & Sawyer, Granddaddy and Shelby

1 comments:

Allyson said...

Man, I had such a good time spending the WHOLE week with you! Now, I miss you more than normal! Can you please come see us and just stay for awhile??