Friday, May 8, 2009

Bathtime

I loved Julie's pictures the other day of her boys in the bathtub! Thought I'd give it a try with my own little bathing beauties!
Tonight was Eli's first time in the big bathtub with Sawyer. I'm happy to report they both survived! Sawyer did pour the cup of water on Eli's head as he told me he was washing his hair...Poor ol' Eli! :) He just smiled.






In other news....
I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED ABOUT THIS WEEKEND! Mama & Daddy, Allyson, Wes and Caleb are all coming to our house tomorrow. Eli is being dedicated at church on Sunday. So...Granny Beck, Papa Pitt, Aunt Jenn, Uncle Pitt, Gracie and Sadie are all coming too! I couldn't be more excited!!!
I told Jennifer that I cried (I know y'all are surprised) thinking about it the other day, but I am just so incredibly thankful that all of these people care enough about us to come see Eli be dedicated. Walker and I are really the ones pledging ourselves to raise Eli in a Christian home and to teach him about Jesus. I feel honored to be able to have this responsibility!
I know we are so blessed to have grown up in homes where we were taught about Jesus, and I'm so thankful that Eli will grow up in a family (including his extended family) that loves him and LOVES JESUS like I want him to. WE ARE BLESSED! Thank you, Lord! WHAT A FUN MOTHER'S DAY, huh?
We'll miss you, Aunt Katie and crew and Aunt D and crew!
I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Your pics of the bathing beauties turned out GREAT!!!! ;) They look sweet as sugar!!!!!

I know that you are looking forward to Sunday when your Eli will be dedicated!!! That has to be the best part about Mother's Day, right? JP was dedicated on Mother's Day also, and I NEED to make arrangements for (my)Sawyer to be dedicated soon--maybe Father's Day would be a great idea(I'll have to ask my pastor first, of course!)

Have a GREAT weekend with your loved ones!! Can't wait to see ALL of the pictures!!!

p.s. When are you going to come back to Andy? We'd love to have y'all over here at the house to play!! You haven't been back here since August!!! ;)

Allyson said...

I am just now seeing this post! What beauties they are! Eli is so big to be in the tub with Sawyer-man! I hope they love each other like I love you! We loved yesterday! Hope to see you tomorrow!!

Beth said...

What sweet bathing beauties! Can't wait to see you at the shower!

BTW my e-mail is not working. I can't open any of the e-mails! I have no idea what's wrong so just call me!

Samantha said...

I love the bath time pictures!