Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Quick Update


I really do love to blog! I'm really, really tired and it's really quiet at my house, so I could easily go hop in the bed, but I enjoy blogging enough to stay up and do a quick post! (I had to stay up until 10:00 anyway to finish the CMA Awards!) :)
We're still here, and we're doing pretty good! Today was day #2 without Walker at home which is really good considering Eli is 2 1/2 weeks old. We go to the doctor in the morning for a checkup. He seems to be a healthy baby. Praise the Lord! He's growing a lot, and he was able to take his first bath tonight because his umbilical cord finally fell off. We DO LOVE bath time at our house, and Eli's thinking seems to "fall right in line with management" (as Walker would say). He seemed to enjoy his first bath.
I'm definitely in love with this little face!

In other news...Sawyer had a meltdown today when I dropped him off in the nursery at church, so we were home from my 9:00 Bible Study by 9:30. I was big-time frustrated-especially considering I had stayed up late to finish the Bible Study and gotten my 2 kids up and ready to go this morning, but I got home and read Darby's blog about appreciating little things and trying to please God and not man. I realized it was not a big deal if my 1 1/2 year old had a bad day. Thanks again, Darby, for being so smart and sharing your heart!
We were also blessed with a visit from the sweet Earnest family yesterday. I think they are a PRECIOUS family, and I always enjoy seeing them (Sawyer did too)! They love my boys, and I'm thankful! Hunter and Taylor are two SWEET, SWEET boys, and I'd be glad for mine to turn out so well!

I'm off to bed. Peace out.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Wish we were there to hang out with you guys!

Sorry you missed your Bible Study! I missed mine today too. But you are right, it's the little things that are most important. I read that blog of Darby's and thought I am learning that same lesson!

Eli is lookin' good! Hope to see y'all soon!!!

Allyson said...

Thanks for the update! The Ernest family is so cute, so is Eli and so is little man sitting right beside the Ernest crew with his hands on his knees! Please I could eat him up!! Love you!

Samantha said...

I love the picture of Eli! Sawyer will adjust before you know it. That little guy has had a lot of changes recently...going from being the center of the universe as he knows it to having to share the spotlight with a scrawny little cry baby!!! hahaha! Just remember before you know it he'll be 10 and he'll be throwing punches instead of fits. Jennifer said that she held little Eli a long time. I'm completely jealous! I just need to get off my behind and get to Enterprise!

The Clarks said...

That bath picture is adorable! What a cute look! I have been wanting to get over there to see little Eli, but my two boys have had colds. Maybe we could come one Saturday or Sunday afternoon when Ben is home (so I would have a helper).

Poor little Sawyer Man....he just needed some Mama time. Love you guys!

Julie said...

Maybe Suzanne and I can make it by real soon to see you and your baby boys. Eli is growing so(too soon)fast. And your Sawyer looks so sweet sitting there next to the Earnest family in the picture. Glad to know everything is going well. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Little Eli is precious, I think he looks like you Ashley!! How bout Bama!! Roll Tide Roll!!! Kelley