Monday, November 17, 2008

I've Got the Spirit!

I just wondered if anyone else is hanging up their Christmas decorations yet? Walker brought ours down from above the garage yesterday, so it's all sitting in the garage ready to be put out. I definitely can't put up the tree until Walker and Sawyer are around though. I think that's a big deal, and we should all participate! :) Last year we got out the video camera to video Sawyer's reaction to decorating the tree. I can remember Mama putting on Christmas music in the living room for us to decorate the tree, and we enjoyed it. I imagine I'll have it done by next weekend anyway.
I'm so excited about Christmas! There's lots to look forward to this year! I heard Santa made his debut at the Dothan mall on Friday night. I'm looking forward to seeing what Sawyer-man thinks of all this! PLUS...Allyson's going to have a baby! She's due December 22nd (35 days from now), so we're not heading to North Alabama like we always do, but we'll be Christmasing closer to PCB! I'm pumped up about this! What a PERFECT little Christmas present-little Caleb Michael Harper!
I know it's a little early, but I figure it's Jesus's birthday celebration, so you can't start too early! :)

4 comments:

The Braddocks said...

I put my first decorations up last night. I'm normally very anti-too early decorating, but couldn't seem to help myself this year. Our first tree in 8 years!! :) Since we'll get a live tree, I'm not sure how quickly I can get one... I did buy ornaments for it today. Hobby Lobby had them 50% off!! :) I tried calling you earlier to tell you all about them, but my phone was acting crazy..

Maybe I should've e-mailed since I just wrote half a page worth of "comment"!

Emily Chappell said...

Amen sister. I am BEGGING to put my stuff up, but Justin won't let me since we are having company for Thanksgiving. He says that he can't eat Thanksgiving dinner with a tree around. Bah Humbug.

The Clarks said...

I do love this time too! We always put our tree and decorations up the weekend after Thanksgiving. So it won't be long now!

Y'all do have a good reason to look forward to this Christmas. Another sweet little one to love on!! Who wouldn't be excited!?

Julie said...

That is definitely on my to-do list now that I have a week off!! In the past, I've always waited until the day after Thanksgiving, but this year I'm not going to wait. I hope to have some things up by the end of the day. :)