Sunday, August 31, 2008

War Eagle!


In honor of the Auburn Tigers, Sawyer wore this Auburn outfit to church today. I thought he was cute! He had a fantastic time in the nursery. Then, we went to Subway for lunch and made friends, because while I ordered the food, he and Walker sat down at the table. Sawyer kept turning around in his high chair to wave and say, "Hi!" to this friendly, older couple. They thought he was cute and started to share their chips with him while he waited on me to bring food. The more we talked, we found out they were transplants from New Orleans to Enterprise from Hurricane Katrina. They said they lived 9 miles from the beach, but they had 30-feet waves at their house. SEVERAL people in their neighborhood were killed, because they didn't evacuate. How scary! Just a reminder to say a prayer for the people in the path of Gustav. I know God's in control, but I'm sure those people would appreciate our prayers.

3 comments:

Josh and Lyndsay said...

I bet Walker picked that outfit out!!! :) TOO CUTE!!! WAR EAGLE ASHLEY!! ROLL TIDE WALKER!!

Beth said...

I LOVE it!! Sawyer is looking too cute in that sweet outfit! Glad to see some new pictures. Love y'all!

Weatherly said...

Ashley, that outfit is adorable! Walker is such a cutie in it!