Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Party for 3!

One of the many reasons that I love my sweet, crazy husband is the fact that he can sing every word to Shania Twain's song, "A Party for Two"! AND not only does he sing it-but man please, he gets into it as much as ol' Al Brown would...and that's a lot!
Yesterday my dear husband turned 31 years old. He had already found a DQ cake with his name on it Tuesday night. He NEVER looks in the freezer, but of course, when there was a surprise inside, he found it...so anyway...he knew a party was in the works. Here's the email I got from him yesterday while he was at work....

We're havin a party.......lalalalalalala..........and I think I can come. Gonna be lots of cake and surprises.......lalalalala.......sure sounds like fun.

I'll be there a little after 5:00

Love,
the b-day boy



He had a couple of presents to open yesterday morning, and his big one, which was a basketball goal, when he got home from work. His dad asked him if he was turning 2, because he got a big toy for his birthday. It TOTALLY suits him though, and I'm glad about that! I do enjoy playing myself, and I'm thankful for a husband that likes it at least equally as much (Probably More)!! Thought I'd share a couple of pictures of the big day!



In case you can't tell, Walker's holding up the 3 and Sawyer has up the 1 for 31. Walker's parents took a picture like this with him every year. :)


On another note, I have my very own first testimonial of being in "The Grocery Game" to share. I went to Walgreens to do a little discount shopping today. I bought a pack of pens for 9 cents and 4 packs of batteries for 99 cents each.
I got lots of other stuff like 2 bottles of ammonia, 2 packs of fruit cups, 2 cans of starch, 2 bottles of Dawn, plus more. Anyway, I spent $25.07. My total savings was $16.72, and I'm just in week one. That was just with the Walgreens coupons out of this Sunday's paper. I could have saved a lot more if I'd had been doing this longer. I'll have to share more as my savings increase for those interested.

15 comments:

Allyson said...

Those pictures are SO SWEET!!! Do you think baby Harper will be ready when his daddy turns 31 next year to hold up a 1?? :) I love how Walker loves Shanaynay!! What a catch!! Love you all!!

Shonna said...

Happy Birthday Walker! Ashley, those are some precious pictures of your two men!

Beth said...

That is TOO FUNNY!!! I would LOVE to see Walker get down to Shania or any song for that matter! Love the pictures and the b-day note on the sidewalk. I sure do wish I had some of that DQ cake! I love em' too!!! Happy Birthday, Walker!

P.S. Maybe Walker could plan a concert for me next week when I come over...

Julie said...

Walker might need to try out for the next American Idol!!! That was tooooo funny!!! I also love the pictures of Walker and Sawyer together displaying Walker's age!!! Walker and my hubby are the same age!! Jeremy's b-day was June 14th!

Darby said...

Y'all are so much fun... would you please come over here!? I love you and Happy 31 to Walker!

Josh and Lyndsay said...

Happy 31st Walker!! Ashley, Josh has a basketball goal too, and we love getting outside and playing a little game of H-O-R-S-E every now and then!!!

Jenifer Earnest said...

The pics are soooo cute. Tell Walker happy birthday from the Earnests. We miss you guys so much...mmmmmm, that ice cream cake looks good. Hunter's birthday is the 9th. I didn't remember that their birthday's were so close.

Jenifer Earnest said...

The pics are soooo cute. Tell Walker happy birthday from the Earnests. We miss you guys so much...mmmmmm, that ice cream cake looks good. Hunter's birthday is the 9th. I didn't remember that their birthday's were so close.

Anonymous said...

Walker sounds alot like Bryan....they are just big kids...glad yall had fun!

Ginny said...

Happy Birthday Walker from the Grimes!!

Samantha said...

Walker and I have the same birthday! Happy birthday to him!!! I'm glad to see all is well with ya'll...

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Walker!! Roll Tide!!! Kelley and Allie

Julie said...

Hey Ash!! You are MORE THAN WELCOME to borrow my black dress. I got it from Old Navy Maternity back during the spring. It is a linen material and the length stops about 2 inches above my ankle. As you can tell from the pictures, it is a halter dress and very comfortable!! :) I'll send it your way anytime!!

The Nebrigs said...

Ashley, thanks for your sweet comment! We ended up getting the nikon D50, they are a discontinued model, but you can still get them. The reason we got that one was b/c we had a nikon film camera with a bunch of lens's we didn't want to see go to waste. It is real easy to use and was a great deal!! We really like deals around here:)!

Leslie @ Joy n Pain said...

Congratulations. I found your blog because I mistyped my families network site. It's walkerwilliamsfamily.ning.com. Imagine that!

And we had a Shania Twain song in our wedding. I love her!

I'm also tagging you for a meme
http://jeoffsrib.blogspot.com/2008/08/resentment-or-contentment-with.html

Keep in touch....