Wednesday, May 14, 2008

New Home

Just a quick post to say we made it-We safely arrived at our new home in Enterprise, Alabama. We have been here a week, and I would definitely say it has been eventful. The first day we were here, I washed my phone in my shorts pocket (good idea, right?)....So, unless you've called my cell phone this week, I no longer have your phone number.
The house is good. We've all adjusted well, and we like it here. Sawyer loves the backyard and his new bathtub. We're still getting boxes unpacked, but we're about to finish-It's probably been a blessing that the cable folks are taking forever to get us hooked up. Although, we laughed because we may see if we can find the finale of the Bachelor on the Internet tonight. :)
We are out in the country, so my cell phone doesn't work in the house, but my new house number is (334)894-0159.
Here's a few pictures from our week. Hope y'all all have had a good one! Come see us!

Sawyer really liked the movers. Here he is with Cornbread. They were a humongous help!

Aunt Al and Uncle Wes came to visit on Saturday and spent the night Saturday night.
We loved it!

This was a shot from our breakfast table this morning...a real-deal turkey! I was so excited about our little gobbler in our very own yard. I called Walker, and he was equally as thrilled!

Granny Beck, Grandmama, Aunt D, Lil' Mikey, and Risdon all came today, and we celebrated Grandmama's 85th birthday! Happy Birthday, Grandmama!

This was taken as we sang "Happy Birthday." Sawyer's shaking his booty!

a picture of our new home

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the beautiful picture of me looking so happy in the yard. Love you!! -Al

Shonna said...

So glad to hear from you!!! It is nice to know that y'all are getting settled into the new house, which looks super nice. Are you ready for a trip to the park yet?!?!

Ashley said...

shonna,
girl, come on! we're ready! we may go to hartselle this weekend, but tomorrow or one day next week would be great! we've been the past 2 days, and i know sawyer is ready to go again! call us!

The Martin Family said...

I LOVE it! I can't wait to see more pictures once you get it all set up. It's beautiful!

DeAnne DuBose said...

It is so beautiful!!! I'm so glad that you guys are getting settled in.

Darby said...

Ok, hands down... this is my most favorite post you've ever done. Between "Cornbread" & Sawyer playing together to the Turkey in the yard to the beautiful picture of your house... I love it all! Even the picture of Al and Wes, eventhough she doesn't like it!:) Love you and I can't wait to come see you.... just 28 miles from D-town to Enterprise! Email me and tell me your address so I can mapquest it! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I love you house it is beautiful!! Hope things continue to go great!!!

Samantha said...

The house is beautiful! I'm glad you've gotten settled so quickly. We'd love to have your family at Ino Baptist if you're looking for a church. Check out our website at www.inobaptist.com Also, I would be Sawyer's Sunday School teacher!

Amber said...

I love your new house! I can't wait to see more pictures! Sawyer is too cute. Glad he is adjusting well!

Beth said...

Ashley!!!!! We miss you and Sawyer!!! More than you could ever know! I am using someone else's computer but I am supposed to get mine back this weekend. The house looks great. Much different than when I saw it last! We MUST come over!!! John Luke is missing his his little buddy! (And mama is missing hers)! I will be calling you soon. I know Walker loved the turkey! How funny!! Well, since I have written a book, I will end it now!A park trip is in the NEAR future! We love you guys!!!!

Beth said...

By-the-way, if you don't hear from me right away, my numbers are 504-3341 and 881-0517. CALL ME!

lindsay said...

I LOVE the new place- it's so pretty. I can't believe the mover's name was Cornbread. Really?

The Clarks said...

Ashley,
You're house is sooooooooooooo nice!! Don't you just love your big backyard? I can't wait to see your beautiful place, but most of all, you, Walker, and little Sawyer Man! I talk about missing you to Ben all the time. We love you!

Julie said...

Love your beautiful new home!! Looks like ya'll are adjusting well. I'll be going to Dothan May 28th for a dr.'s appt. I'll have to swing back by your house on my way home. Give me directions so I can see you and your place!! :)

Kristen said...

Awesome! I tried to call you twice this week. No wonder your cell phone wouldn't work. My new no. is 504-3686. Call me so we can come see the new pad!!!