Monday, May 19, 2008

My Little Fish...

A little background on this story-I have ALWAYS loved the water. Mama says when Allyson and I were little, she'd take us to the baby pool, and we'd lay on the bottom of the pool looking up at the sunshine until she thought we'd been down too long, and she'd scoop us up. When I see pretty water, I have a strong urge to jump in (even if we're driving over 331's bridge). Apparently, not everyone feels this way-Walker doesn't get it, but I'd choose a day at the pool, lake, river or beach over about anything.
Anyway...one of my secret desires for my child would be that they would love the water. I taught swimming lessons for like 5 years, so I know there's lots of children in this world who aren't "naturals" when it comes to swimming. They will run to their mamas if a little water splashes in their face. So, when Sawyer first started taking baths, I'd pour that water right over his head, and not think about wiping his face. We've practiced splashing and kicking and blowing bubbles in the bathtub from the start. Anyway...I am proud to say that I have been blessed with a little fish! Sawyer-man LOVES the water! In fact, I think his 2 favorite things are water and food...so he's a lot like his mama! :) He's also into watering the plants/grass, because that includes turning on the faucet outside. He cracks me up how much he loves this!
I love this fact about my little boy! I can't wait to take him to a real-deal pool this summer, but in the mean time, this little blow-up pool is a pretty big hit! We spent a majority of the morning out there, so I thought I'd share a few pictures. I tried to choose the most discreet for modesty's sake.



8 comments:

Shonna said...

So sweet!!! Can't wait to see the two of you tomorrow!

Darby said...

Ok, please don't jump off the 331 bridge.. I think the water below it is only 3 or 4 feet deep!! Sawyer needs to come swim with Morgan and Paige! :) They can show him the ropes!! love you!

Anonymous said...

Look at him go!! He is too cute!!

DeAnne DuBose said...

How Cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad things are going great at the new home.loved the turkey and your little fish too!!! Kelley

Josh and Lyndsay said...

We will have to plan a swim date in Elba!! Only ~15 mintes away!!

Kristen said...

We've got to get us a blow up pool. That looks like so much fun. I can understand the urge to jump... I LOVE swimming too! Maybe we'll rethink which bridge we can jump from! I had fun today. We'll see you in 2 weeks!

The Clarks said...

Ok - we're definitely going to have to schedule some days for swimming lessons this summer. Ty is ready to learn to swim!!