Saturday, May 3, 2008

3 more days..

The packers are coming on Monday to pack us up, and they'll ship us out on Tuesday. I admit that I am really excited about the house, but I HATE to leave all our sweet friends in Andalusia! HATE TO! We have been soooooooooooooooo blessed with such good friends here! They're wonderful! Can't beat them! AND they're special because they are "mine and Walker's" friends. We met most of them right after we got married-most of us were child-less at the time, and they were our first real couple friends that we met together. GOOD ONES! with sweet families who are truly living their lives for the Lord! They have been such good examples, and I'm thankful for that! We've loved Andalusia because of them!
They had a little good-bye dinner for us last night at David's Catfish. I wasn't expecting the crowd that we had, but there were about 25 of our sweet friends there with their cute kids! I took lots of pictures, but I'll just share a few. They also gave us a beautiful wreath to hang on our front door of our new house. Thank y'all so much for everything!!!

Maggie Ruth was giving Sawyer some kisses! He clapped at first, and then pushed her away. That's my child with the sun-kissed cheeks. His mama needs to remember sunscreen!

Sawyer and Logan-Isn't she cute???


A group shot of some of the girls at the end of the night...some had already left by picture time.


This was taken at the women's conference we went to last weekend!

Also an update on the yard sale...I went ahead and had it Friday morning, because I thought it was going to rain this morning. I have to admit I do love a yard sale. I enjoy making a little money on things we no longer need, and I enjoy bargainning with people for a good deal. I think a former job as a sales rep instilled that in me. Despite a lack of advertising and a slow start, I sold most of our living room furniture, rugs, bathroom cabinets, old picture frames, bath mats, shower curtains, etc. So, our house is pretty bare! It'll make a lighter load for the movers on Tuesday! I do have a refrigerator left. So, if you need one, let me know!

7 comments:

Tara said...

You're so cute! I'm glad you've enjoyed Andy so much...only wish we had lived there at the same time!!

Shonna said...

We are going to miss your sweet family too!!! I hate that we missed out on the supper last night...I will not go into all the yucky details, but Caroline was not having a good night - to say the least!! Can't wait to the new house and take the kids to that awesome park!!!

Ashley said...

TT, You're one of the main reasons I knew Andalusia would be a good place to be! When we were choosing between Evergreen and Andalusia, it was an easy decision, because I knew there were lots of cool kids from Andy! :)

Julie said...

I'm certain that the 'Carolina' group will hate to see you go! We know that God will continue to bless you and your family as you make your new home in Enterprise. My uncle and aunt, Larry and Ruth Walker, moved to Tartan Pines(Enterprise)a couple of years ago after their retirement and love the area. They are members of Hillcrest Baptist Church. So if you are looking for a church to visit, I've heard from them and my ex co-workers at Holly Hill Elementary that they love worshiping there. When we are over there visiting the fam, we will drop by to see you! As you may know, I am having the baby in at Flowers Hosptial in Dothan. I'll be traveling through Enterprise on the way to my dr.'s appointments. I wish you all the very best, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you make this transition from one little city to another, and the arrival of your new baby! Love ya! Julie

Amber said...

I hope that the move goes well! I am glad that you were able to make a little money at the yard sale. It is such a good feeling to clean out the things you no longer need!

Samantha said...

Ashley, it was great to hear from you! I'm glad that we have these blogs to keep in touch. We have lots of friends from Enterprise at our church. Please come and visit us at Ino. I'll be praying for you to find new friends. I know God will bless you. You never know what He has for you...just trust Him! Sam

Shonna said...

Hope you had a great Mother's Day...can't wait to see some pictures of your new home!!!