Sunday, March 23, 2008

Do you believe in Easter?




We've been in Clayton today with Walker's parents. We went to church with them, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! The title of the sermon today was "Come and See. Then, Go and Tell!" The preacher told a story about a lady that would introduce herself, and then ask "Do you believe in Easter?" to everyone she met. She used this to start sharing with them about her Lord.
Today is the kind of day that reminds me I need to be "telling" all the time about the wonderful things that Christ has done for me. He died for me, and then, rose again! How great is it that we serve a living God who loves us so much more than we deserve!
It's hard to understand that kind of love, but I love to think about it! Thank you, Lord!

Sawyer had a great day! He got a basket full of goodies from the Easter bunny and enjoyed the Easter egg hunt at Granny Beck's house with his cousins. He found his first Easter egg. Then, sat down and enjoyed the candy inside. Maybe next year he'll be more into the "hunt" part of it. Happy Easter Everybody!

PS-The preacher's wife sang "Arise, My Love" and I loved it! I didn't know this song. I loved it though, so I added it to the playlist.

5 comments:

Darby said...

Happy Easter my friends. Sawyer looks so precious eatin' his goodies! What a wonderful reminder your blog is that we are big sinners with an even bigger Savior... woo hoo! :) I miss you and love you!!

Shonna said...

Glad to hear you and your had a great Easter and thanks for the "reminder"!!! Happy Easter Sawyer - wish we could have seen you today!!!

Beth said...

You all look fantastic! The blue shoes are looking good! I knew they would! Talking about the song the preacher's wife sang reminded me of the song Hubble sang Sunday so I downloaded it on my playlist. It's called Rise Again. You will have to click on it and listen. It is AWESOME!!!

Kristen said...

How neat! Arise, My Love is one of my all time favorite songs. Especially at Easter! Sawyer Brown looks like candy is his thing! Maggie Ruth is an addict too!! Love y'all!!!

Anonymous said...

Our church here sang Arise My Love on Palm Sunday so I heard it for the first time then. Then, I woke up singing, getting ready on Easter and then in the car on the way to Dothan. THEN, when we got there - they have a youth mime group who acted it out. It was AWESOME!! I love it, too. so glad you added it :)