Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Swingin'...Swingin'

Sawyer in the Swings

Sawyer and I made a quick trip to the Dream Park for the first time last Thursday. He LOVES to swing, and he made his first solo trip down the slide. I thought I'd share a picture.
Walker was off all day Friday, so he spent the morning painting our laundry room. We're trying to get last minute things done before we put a for sale sign in the yard. We have really enjoyed our little house! It has definitely kept Walker busy! My uncle said the other day that we should just put a sign in the yard and sell it "as is." He may be right, but I thought to myself he must not know Walker at all! My husband is not a "that's good enough"-type guy. He has spent countless hours on the windows alone in this house. We know this house isn't ever going to be perfect, but Walker has tried his best to get it in good shape! I am blessed to have a husband who actually enjoys working!
The only thing really he feels he has to do before we try and sell our house is paint our bathroom. It's just a matter of finding a weekend or at least a few hours at home.

We went to Hartselle again Friday afternoon. We really had two good reasons for the trip. One was that Allyson and I are kind of heading up our 10 year reunion, and we had a meeting. The other was that we needed to go see Grandmother Brown again.
She had been pretty unresponsive last week. She has really gone down in two weeks! She did perk up though when Sawyer and I got there Friday night. I have a squirmy baby, but he amazes everyone when he will lay still with her. I think he can tell how precious she is (and probably how much she enjoys him!)

Saturday and Sunday we visited again. Allyson and Wes made it up late Friday night, so by the time they got there on Saturday, Grandmother was not able to talk hardly at all. It's definitely a hard thing to go through, but we know (and have talked to Grandmother) about heaven.

Walker and I were talking Friday night about how this is what we're preparing for. In his words, "it's like game-time for Christians." I agree! I pray that my days are spent doing things that would glorify Him!

On a lighter note...Sawyer pulled up for his first time yesterday! I was impressed! I took a picture of him holding on to the footstool today. He thinks it's a game to fall right now, because he knows I'll catch him. He thinks it's pretty fun to let himself almost slam into the floor. :)
Hope you have a great Wednesday!

3 comments:

The Mizell Family said...

Look at 'ol Sweet Cheeks Brownie swinging....he is way too cute. I could just bite his cheeks!!!!! Sure did have lots of fun planning this weekend....as always it was so much fun to see you and Brown. I can't wait to see ya'll again....let me know when you are back in town.

Love you bunches,
Suz

Anonymous said...

Sawyer is precious. It is so great that you and him get to spend time with your grandmother. I am sure you cherish it as much as she does!

The Martin Family said...

Doesn't it scare you sometimes to know how much he trusts you to always be there? Both figuratively and literally! I still don't think it's hit me that we're parents and there's this little guy that looks to me for everything! Am I responsible enough for this???