Monday, November 12, 2007

My Sweet Grandmother


We love Granddaddy!


Me & My Mama

Aunt Al & Sawyer

Coleman Mizell & Sawyer (He really had a good time!)

Grandmother passed away Thursday morning. My mom called at 6:00 a.m. to say she was having a very hard time breathing, and then she called again at 6:15 to tell us she had gone to heaven. I've never been this close to anyone who has passed away, so it's extremely strange to know that I won't be able to go to her house to chat or call her and hear her voice, but PRAISE THE LORD we have a God that has her in His care! The Bible talks about how you'll be rewarded for the work that you do on Earth. I can't help but wonder how great my grandmother's rewards are! AND I rejoice in the fact that we will see her again!
The visitation and funeral weren't until Saturday, because Katie had to fly in. We were able to spend lots of time with family. It was a great weekend! This was the first time Katie had seen Sawyer since March, so he has grown a lot! Sawyer enjoyed playing with all the Browns!
Suzanne and her boys, Eason and Coleman, kept Sawyer all morning Saturday during the funeral. THANK YOU, SUZ! I think I have the best friends in the world!

4 comments:

erika said...

prayed for you this weekend, that you'd be able to enjoy your time at home despite the sorrow of saying goodbye. d and i sent something, but it didn't make it in time... tell Lee and Betty to enjoy!
love you!
XOXO
e

The Mizell Family said...

First of all, thank you so much for letting the Mizell's watch Baby Sawyer....he is just precious. Look at my blog to see more pics of the three boys together. He was too sweet!

Secondly, the name of the book I was telling you about is 90 minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Life and Death by Don Piper. You should definitely get it and read it. It will bring you 100% peace in knowing where Grandmother Brown is now......and what she must be feeling!!!

I will continue to pray for all the Brown's in this difficult time.

Love you,
Suz

The Martin Family said...

SOOO sorry to hear about your sweet, precious grandmother, but I know she's dancing away up there! I love you and I'm praying for you...give my love to your parents!

lindsay said...

Ash- I'm so sorry. All my love to you and your family during this tough time. I'm so glad that you all have faith to carry you when you feel weak! Praying for you guys...