Thursday, November 1, 2007

Bok Bok Ba GAWK!!





I have been so excited about Sawyer's first Halloween! It was a hard decision yesterday whether or not to stay at home, which is a HOT SPOT for trick or treaters OR to go to church for Awana, which we do every Wednesday night. Since we've lived in Andalusia, one of the highlights to living so "in-town" has been Halloween. I think we bought $50 worth of candy last year, and we gave it all out, because we get so many cute kids.....but they were having Awana last night, and Walker and I are leaders, so we hated to miss that.
Anyway...we decided to turn the lights off at home (pretty Scroogy), and go to church where everyone was going to dress up and do trunk or treat.
It was fantastic! All of the kids at church were dressed up. They all loved our little chicken! The girls in my group LOVE Sawyer! It's funny how some kids are SOOOO drawn to babies! Some called him Chicken Little. Other kids said since I was a black-eyed pea (thanks to AC-do y'all remember that?) and Sawyer was a chicken, we were a delicious meal!
Sawyer wore his chicken outfit for 2 1/2 hours (including the hood) just as happy as a lark! I don't think I've ever seen anything as cute as my little boy in a chicken costume! I told Walker I'd never loved him more!!

4 comments:

erika said...

that first picture (in the carseat) is the cutest thing i've ever seen. i bet you wanted to kiss those cheeks all night long!!
love you!!
XOXOX
ez
ps- been praying for grandmother brown.

The Mizell Family said...

Brownie! He is just adorable!! I am really starting to see a little "Brownie" in Sawyer. sorry for not posting a comment earlier, but HHS calls this "forbidden material" and I hardly have time to do anything once I leave school. Keep on posting....I love keeping up with ya'll!! Love you

Darby said...

How much fun! And how cute are y'all! I love seeing these pictures! He's such a little angel!!

Anonymous said...

I love your costume and Sawyer's is priceless! I am so glad you shared pictures. Looks like his first Halloween was great.