Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Catching Up

Eli moved up to a big-boy bed for his birthday.  He's since decided he likes for me to come join him about 2:30-3:00 every morning.  I oblige.  He is so tiny he only takes up a tiny part of the bed, and he seems so proud in the mornings that I went "night-night" with him.  How could I resist??
Small Steps had their annual trike a thon for St. Jude in November.  The boys got to take their bikes to school and ride.  Here's Sawyer with his class. 

Here's Speedy on his bike.  When I told him to slow down, he got off his bike and came and stood by me.  His bottom lip hung to the floor.  His teacher asked him to get back on, but he was not going to budge.  Eli is a little on the stubborn side for those unaware.  So, we ended the trike a thon in the fellowship hall bathroom with a spanking.  Lovely!  We're working on doing what you're asked around here.  I am starting to see a little improvement maybe, but it's a work in progress. 
We made our annual trip to the Peanut Festival to "ride those rides!"  Sawyer and Eli loved it!  It's fun that they are big enough to ride and enjoy everything.  Who knew the carousel could cost us $10??  Oh well (I guess!)!  Here are a few more from the peanut festival. 







And, in other news, I thought I should share a picture of the group we hang out with on Sunday nights.  This is most of our lifegroup.  We meet at our house every Sunday night, eat, fellowship, and Walker leads us in a Bible Study/discussion.  Most of these men are affiliated with Fort Rucker and flying helicopters.  I have such a great respect for them and their families and the sacrifices they make.  Most are here for a little while, and some of them will leave within a year.  I feel like I'm being "cultured" as I meet these families from all over the US (and one from Korea).  ;)  I admire them for how they love and share Jesus with others! 

to be continued...

0 comments: