Monday, December 26, 2011

"God's Gift to Us"

Sawyer and Eli had their Christmas program at their "school" on Dec. 13th.  It was PRECIOUS!  The four-year-olds dressed up, and they marched in as a man read Luke 2.  I (of course) teared up seeing them walk in-Jesus' birth and my baby dressed up as a shepard was a little overwhelming for me.   Sawyer sang every word and did every motion.  Last year during the Christmas play he didn't crack a smile, but this year, he was with it! :)  I told Allyson she may have to stand in for me at the preschool graduation in May.  I'm a basket case, y'all!  At the end of this program, I was ready to go to the doctor and get some nerve pills.  My grandmother and her sisters were incredibly emotional, and I remember her taking a nerve pill once.  I really think I could use one the next time my boys perform.  Oh my!  Thankfully, Walker is use to me and expects it from me.  He just handed me a napkin and smiled!  ;)



Here comes Eli.  The two-year-old classes joined the group for the last two songs.  You NEVER know what to expect from Eli.  The first day they went to practice, Eli's teacher told me he just stood there.  I told him in the car on the way home that we expect him to do what his teacher tells him, and I wouldn't tell his daddy yet, but if he didn't sing the next time, I would tell him and his daddy would spank him.  He said, "Okay, Mama."  So...the next practice, before I could ask, his teacher said...WOAH!  Eli sang louder than anybody today!! :)  He did FANTASTIC in the program!  Praise the Lord!

See him doing the motions.  This is "He-He-He-He Saved Me, and I've Got the Joy of the Lord!"

He spotted us at the end of the program.

Sawyer found us too.

I could eat them up! 

By the way...My favorite song of this was "Soft, Sweet Hay." 

Milk Cow Mooey
Donkey Chewey
Funny, Little Place for a Baby to Stay

Milk Cow Mooey
Donkey Chewey
Little Baby Jesus in the Soft, Sweet Hay.

Jesus, born in a Stable
Sleeping on a Bed of Hay
Precious, Gift from God Above
With Love


0 comments: