Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Eli's Birthday Party


My baby turned three on October 26th, so we celebrated around here!   Eli wanted an Ernie party, but Ernie is not in widespread supply, so I planned a fall festival/Ernie party for my baby boy!  Eli is a fun-loving, silly, stubborn, joyful, happy, demanding, country precious boy, and there aren't words to describe how much I love that kid!!  We moved Eli from a toddler bed to a big-boy bed on his real birthday, but I couldn't bring myself to take out the glider in his room.  He still wants me to rock him at night, and I think he thinks his legs aren't working as well since he turned 3, because he has decided I should carry him an awful lot....but I oblige.  He's my baby, and anyone that knows this kid will tell you that he's got a way about him that will melt your heart-plus his sweet smile and dimple don't hurt his chances either!  Eli likes to sing, build tents, play with their train set, play with his horse, Strawberry, play ball, jump on the trampoline, wear his boots, play in the dirt, and loves his Daddy and bubby, aka-bubba.  He still calls Bubby, "Awyer."  If Walker leaves to go to work before Eli gets up, he cries, so we'll call Walker, and then, he'll be fine. 
He'll say, "Wanna play ____ with me, Mama?"  or "Can I help you please, Mama?"  (when I'm cooking, he's right under me.)  His favorite song is probably, "Only a boy named David" that Papa Pitt taught him.  I adore this kid!  I am blessed to be his Mama, and I pray for his heart!  Here are lots of pictures from his party....
Eli painting his pumpkin

Caleb painting

Tucker

Hayze-pop-pop

We had Ernie cupcake toppers on his cupcakes to help with the Ernie theme.

the backside of Katie (who I appreciate for making the trip for Eli's party), Daddy, Beck-Beck and Grandmama

me and E-E


little Mikey & Risdon

Dyson and Uncle Mikey

We had a BEAUTIFUL day for the party!  I made cider, because I thought it might be cold, but Sawyer selected shorts for the day, and he was fine!  Thank you, God, for a beautiful day! 

in line for pin the tail on the cow

Mikey playing

this was the "Birthday Prize Walk" -I should have taken the wind into account, because the plates kept moving, but I think they had fun when they all won a prize; My sweet neighbor came to paint faces too, but I failed to get a picture of her in action. 

the birthday boy and his pinata


taking a whack at that! :)


Ella Kate

Granddaddy

Allyson and Wesley


Eli telling Papa Pitt thank you for his presents

Eli got a "Big Belly Bank" from Gmama and Granddaddy.  It is CUTE, and he spent the rest of the party asking for "moneys" to fill it up.

 
He had fun! 





0 comments: