Monday, April 19, 2010

Fishing with Granddaddy


Sawyer, Eli and I headed to Hartselle last Tuesday for a few days. Walked stayed home to work in the real-world, but we took off. (He actually got to go spend a few days in Clayton AND turkey hunt, so I think he enjoyed himself too!)
Anyway...Sawyer has a little Spiderman fishing pole he loves to "fish with" in the backyard. So, one day recently, he said, "Mama, we need to go fishing with Granddaddy." So...that became on our to-do list while we were up there.
The whole trip up there was good! I, unfortunately, left my camera on charge at home, so I don't have pictures except from the fishing trip.

  • When we got into town, Renee met us at Dairy Queen. I LOVED seeing her!!! We got to chat while my boys played on the playground.

  • Katie and her girls came over to play a lot! I love all those little girls, but I can't get over sweet Caroline!!! SHE IS A DOLL-BABY!!! Smiles & is happy ALL THE TIME! I love her!!! I really wish I had a picture! She's so sweet with a little bow in her hair! PRECIOUS! Sawyer REALLY likes them all too!!! When they'd leave, one day he'd say, "I don't want Grace to leave!" The next day it was, "I don't want Shelby to leave!" and I know he loves Julia too!

  • We had a fun trip to the Priceville Park with G'mama where Eli managed to climb the rock wall and go down by the twirly slide all by himself. He's definitely fearless! He just goes and does his thing, which is DIFFERENT from my first child. I have to watch him close!

  • G'Mama kept my boys one afternoon, so I could go shopping at Target ALL BY MYSELF! WHAT? I loved it!

I wish we had time to visit more with friends we don't see often!! I sure do love a lot of people around there, and it's so hard to get to visit as much as I'd like!! Hope we can make more trips up there this summer! I know there's a little Weinman baby that will be here before long that I wait to see!! :)

Thanks for a fun trip, G'mama and Granddaddy!



2 comments:

The Tolberts said...

those are some GREAT pics!! too cute! glad you had a fun trip!

Emily Osburne said...

Ashley,

I know what you mean about not getting to Hartselle as often as you'd like. Since my Grandmother doesn't live in Hartselle anymore, I hardly ever get to go.

By the way, I just got back from my surgery and it went perfectly well. I was so excited to turn on the computer and see a message from you!

Love,

Emily