Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Update...Jesus Is Alive!!


I'm a little late on my Easter post, but it was a great day/weekend!
A few highlights include:

  • the Easter egg drop where Sawyer and I watched the Easter bunny drop 15,000 eggs out of a helicopter
  • Walker killed 2 turkeys Easter weekend, which means he was VERY happy! :)
  • Egg hunts with friends and with cousins

    It was all really fun! BUT...I guess the best part for me of this Easter has been Sawyer has been SO interested in the real Easter story, so it's been really neat explaining to him that Jesus died on the cross for us, but HE LIVES b/c God has the power to raise him from the dead. He overcame death, so we might have life!
    We also sang and taught this peppy, little "Jesus is Alive!" song to our first grade Sunday School class that Walker and I teach. It's a cute song, and it was fun for us to teach them the true meaning of Easter too. The song has been stuck in my head for days! :) It's amazing how many of those children several weeks ago thought Easter was all about the Easter bunny, and those are church-going kids. Here's a couple of pics of our little family Easter morning before church. Notice: My poor camera is on the brink of death! :)

0 comments: