Monday, January 5, 2009

Prayer Request

My heart is hurting right now for one of my very favorite people. My really good friend from Andalusia, Beth Colvin, and her sweet husband, John, got bad news last week that John has testicular cancer. They're going to a doctor in Dothan tomorrow for a second opinion and for more results. I love this family dearly, and I know that they would really appreciate you taking time to pray for them. Beth has an incredible faith, and I know she and John are both firm believers that prayer works. Their specific prayer requests right now are:
1. Please PRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Pray that God is merciful and will HEAL John completely.
3. Pray that the doctors are compassionate and truly care.
4. Pray that we will not be overwhelmed by all the information and God will give us wisdom to make the right decisions.
5. Pray for us to have strength and peace that passes all understanding!!! Philippians 4:7
This is Beth and her son (Sawyer's best buddy) with Eli in the hospital when they and John came to visit after Eli was born.
This is John with John Luke.
Thanks for praying! If you read her blog (you can tell how precious she is)and see the latest updates.

3 comments:

Darby said...

ash, I will be praying for them! thanks for passing this on to all of us! i love you!

Ashley said...

thanks, darby!

Beth said...

Ashley,
You are most precious! If you were here right now I would squeeze you so hard and tell you I love you and I am SOOOOOOO thankful for you!!!! I wish I could have had more time to visit today, but your being there was more precious to me than I can ever tell you! And this post is more than words....... I love you!!!!