Friday, September 17, 2010

I got out my blog book that I ordered after Eli turned one last year and read it the other day. I love that book!! I'm so glad I take the time to give little updates (even if it's just for me), because I realize my memory is less that desirable and they're growing and changing so quickly.

Eli Williams is a character and a half. I adore his sweet smile and dimples!

Yesterday, I was asking him about what kind of birthday party he wants. He'll be two next month!! He likes Elmo A LOT and Spiderman A LOT! (Spiderman is also Sawyer's favorite thing right now.) So, I pulled up Elmo plates on the computer to see if he'd tell me which he'd rather have. Eli said, "Hey Mel-mo. Whatcha doing Mel-mo?" about 10 times, because I was laughing so hard at him! That's by far the most words he's ever put together. He can talk, and it just depends on the day what he'll say.

He's full-blown potty trained! Praise the Lord! I can not take credit for too much of it. Eli just wanted to do what Sawyer was doing, so he did it. I'm proud!! I went from two in diapers a year and a half ago to none in diapers...feels good!

Eli L-O-V-E-S cheese! He will eat as many pieces as you'll give him. String cheese, cheese slices, whatever...he likes it! Here he is with his cheese toast.


He was also on a major stubborn streak for a while...VERY independent, but he is getting sweeter by the day! He's really pretty obedient these days! THANK YOU, LORD!

He can sing his ABC's and says the blessing (in his own way). I should get this on video, because he definitely knows what he's saying, but it's in his own language.

He still loves to jump. He jumped off the diving board all summer without anyone being at the end of the board. He'd just wear his little swimmies and jump in. Fearless!

His favorite song was "I'm in the Lord's Army" while he marched. Now it's "Hide it Under a Bushel...No!" It doesn't sound exactly like that, but it's close.

He adores his big brother! They keep each other entertained! I couldn't love this little boy any more. So glad he's mine!

I'll be back soon with an update on Sawyer Williams! :)

5 comments:

Darby said...

Oh my goodness, I love him too and you're going to make me cry! Can I send JM over so Sawyer and Eli can potty train hiM!? I'm sure it'd only take a couple days! Are you going to make it to our reunion tailgate? I'm waiting eagerly for your "yes" reply on FB!

Kristen said...

POTTY TRAINED!!! Way to go, I'm jealous I must say. Sweet Boys!! Eli does have the sweetest little smile! I saw today where Elmo is going to in Mtgy at the Performing Arts Center Sept. 20-21 or 21-22, can't remember exactly! Miss y'all lots.

Beth said...

I love that sweet boy! {Boys!} And that is EXACTLY why I love to blog! I can keep up with my little munchkins! Otherwise, I would rarely ever record anything, and one day I know I'd so regret it! I enjoy looking at your sweet family! Just wish we could see you more often in person!!!

Betsy said...

A Blog book! That sounds awesome. Where do you get one? BTW, your boys are so precious. How old is Eli? I can't believe he's potty trained. Great work!

Anonymous said...

Ashley Brown, those are the cutest boys north of the Florida line! I'm so jealous of the potty training. Sawyer's prayer is too cute---and so stinkin' funny! Allyson had told me that Eli can hold his own against his brother---the prayer just made me laugh out loud! Please come visit the cutest boys south of the Florida line! :) Marah