Sunday, March 21, 2010

5K

I ran in the Enterprise Junior Women's Club's 5K Saturday. The weather was perfect, and I made it to the finish line, so I was proud! :) I was a runner in high school, so it feels good to still be able to run! I felt like I had something to prove since I'm now a 30-year-old! (Can't hardly believe I'm in the 30 and older category!) BUT...Some of the 60+ women at the gym inspire me and make me realize that there is no reason I shouldn't be able to do a 5K 30 years from now too.

Here I am with sweet friends from church


My workout buddy, Laura (with her cute daughter)! Without her...I would have finished a much slower time, but she was for "giving it all we've got!" Thanks, Laura!

Then, I headed to Clayton to spend the day with my boys. Walker made his first attempt to kill a turkey, and I'd like to report this is what he got....


But...he had no such luck. This is one from last year, so he'll go back and try again next weekend.

0 comments: