Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Who Needs the Comedy Club?


I went to a Comedy Club one time when Al and I lived in Birmingham. I think it was my 23rd birthday, and I admit...I enjoyed it! I don't remember who the comedian was, I just remember it was enjoyable! I do enjoy a good laugh! Honestly, though, I don't think I've ever known anyone (except maybe Erika McFurson Powell) that makes me laugh as much as this little 2-year old I'm raising. It may not be that funny to the rest of you...but just for kicks, I thought I'd give you a couple of examples of this little character that lives in our house.


1. Since Eli's been around, Sawyer has liked to put Eli's paci in his mouth. Sometimes he'd need it, but when he didn't, I'd tell Sawyer that Eli doesn't need it now, "Eli's happy." Now, fairly often, when Eli's not crying Sawyer will say, "Eli's happy, Mama. He doesn't need his paci." Then he'd say, "Daddy's happy. Mama's happy. Sawyer's happy." Well, tonight at bedtime, this little character didn't want to go to bed (the routine includes a paci)...so he threw his paci down as I'm leaving the room, and screamed, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....Sawyer's Happy, Mama, Sawyer's Happy!" He screamed/cried about how happy he was for about 5 minutes before I couldn't take it anymore, and I went to get him. (how could I not...really?)


2. Ever since the election, Sawyer has recognized our new President. When he comes on the news he'll say, "Hey, Obama, Hey!" This week though, Matt Lauer and Will Smith got a "Hey, Obama" from Sawyer. He watched Matt Lauer for a good five minutes thinking it was Obama. I can kind of see the resemblence with them both! TOO FUNNY!

That's all for tonight. My brain is kind of fried, but I have to admit I am thoroughly enjoying hearing what this little one has to say! "Daddy....are you?? Are you, Daddy?"
Thanks for hanging in here with me on this one! I know I kind of dote on these kiddos of mine!

5 comments:

Lori Griffin said...

How funny!! Kids are definitely better than any comedian ever thought about being! Mine are always making me laugh!! Brodie calls my favorite Starbucks a "ha-who-latte!!" (White Chocolate Mocha Latte!!!) Your boys are so handsome!!

Darby said...

Hilarious. Seriously hilarious. Hey Obama... that kid is funny. And I'm sorry but I still think Eli looks like Wes. I know I shouldn't say that but I can't help it! They are both precious precious BOYS!!! And can you even remember what life was like before 'em... BORING!:)

Darby said...

I meant your boys are precious not Eli and Wes... just incase AL reads this and thinks I'm talking about her husband on your blog... oh what the heck... I already said your kid looks like him!: )

Beth said...

How funny!!!! I love how John Luke makes me laugh so hard!!! It's soooo much fun with kiddos!!!

erika said...

hey obama, hey!
i'm flattered to think that you have me ranked up there with a professional comedian! I bet Chance would disagree, but he's been under my watchful eye since last thursday!
kiss those boys for me! al and caleb are here hanging out with me and my patient! and I'm VERY EXCITED TO HAVE THEM!! Wish you were here!
XO
e