Wednesday, December 2, 2009

THANKFUL!

I didn't want to just skip over a Thanksgiving post, so for the record-I'm THANKFUL!
I'm thankful for a 2-year-old that reminds me A LOT about how much we have to be thankful for! When we (me and Al) were camp counselors, the director told this story about working on a mission trip in Mexico. It was H-O-T down there, and when the wind blew every so often, he'd hear some of the Mexican men, say "Gracias, el Dios." They were thankful for the breeze. Anyway...the point of the message was to say that we should be thankful for the little things as well as the big.
Anyway...the story stuck with me! So, when Sawyer-man started talking, and it was 105 degrees in Enterprise, AL and the wind would blow, we'd say, "Thank you, God!" This carried over into other things too. For example, when he sees (one of his many) bruises getting better, he'll say, "Thank you, God!" I'll say, "That's right!" Or when I tell him Eli's nose is not running anymore, he'll say, "Thank you, God!" (Some things I'd just take for granted, but when he'd say it-it would make me thankful and think...Lord, thank you for a child whose bruises heal!)
Anyway...he's reminded me all year about how much I have to be thankful for! Our blessings abound!
Walker says one of his dad's favorite sayings when he was in trouble was, "I'm going to turn that attitude into an attitude of grattitude." (have y'all ever heard that?? I LOVE IT!)
Anyway...Hope you and yours had a fabulous Thanksgiving!
Our little crew of four headed to Hartselle on Tuesday. We played, shopped, ate and helped Katie move into a new(er) and improved rental house. It's a little crazy with ALL of us at my parents' house, but we all really had a good time!
THANK YOU, LORD, FOR OUR MANY BLESSINGS AND FOR BEING SO GOOD TO US!!!








6 comments:

Allyson said...

Oh My! That is sweet! How precious that Sawyer is thankful that his bruises heal! I am so thankful too!! OH HOW BLESSED WE ARE!! Thank you God for letting me be Ashley Williams twin and getting to spend my WHOLE LIFE with her!!

Darby said...

I am so thankful for you and Al!!! I love this post... sweet children, so innocent and so smart!! So, I want to see you girls! Maybe Friday?! The only thing is that Morgan has school in the morning... would y'all want to come here? Or would that be too much hassle? If we came there it'd have to be after lunch? Email me. We'll talk about it! I love you!!

Darby said...

PS- that is a BEAUTIFUL picture of you and Allyson... I may have to steal it! :) Miss you and love you both!!

Beth said...

I love y'all and I'm thankful for you!!! I love how Sawyer says things JUST like his mama!!! We love yall a whole bunch! Just wish we could move you back to Andalusia! We had a wonderful time visiting!

Great pictures! Did you ever decide on the Christmas card picture??

Anonymous said...

ugg boots
ugg news
hot ugg
classic ugg
uggs
australia ugg
ugg sheepskin boots
ugg sheepskin
cheap ugg


Bailey Button UGG Boots
Ugg Bailey Button

Classic Cardy Ugg Boots
Ugg Classic Cardy

Classic Mini Ugg Boots
Ugg Classic Mini

Classic Short Ugg Boots
Ugg Classic Short

Classic Tall Ugg Boots
Ugg Classic Tall

Infant Erin Ugg Boots
Ugg Infant Erin

Nightfall Ugg Boots
Ugg Nightfall

Short Metallic Ugg Boots
Ugg Short Metallic

Sundance II Ugg Boots
Ugg Sundance II

Tall Metallic Ugg Boots
Ugg Tall Metallic

UGG Amelie Suede Sandals
UGG Amelie Suede


UGG Fluff Flip Flop
Fluff Ugg Flip Flop

UGG Tasmina Braid Sandals
Tasmina Braid Ugg Sandals


UGG Tasmina Sandals
Tasmina Ugg Sandals


Ultra Short Ugg Boots
Ugg Ultra Short


Ultra Tall Ugg Boots
Ugg Ultra Tall

DeAnne DuBose said...

I love the new pictures! Your boys are just too cute for words! I hope you have a great Christmas too Ashley.