Saturday, August 1, 2009

"It's Fun to ME!"

One of Sawyer's favorite things to say...is "It's fun to MEEEE!" OR "It tastes good to MEEEE!" Well, today was "Fun to MEEE!" :)
I have a WHOLE new appreciation for heavy equipment. Sawyer Williams has a slight OBSESSION with all tractors, cranes, dumptrucks, excavators, combines, etc, so this morning at 6:30 while I was getting dressed I heard some kind of heavy machinery outside my bathroom window. I, as his mama-naturally get WAY excited! I asked Sawyer if he wanted to go look, and low and behold...today was septic tank installation day at the house next door they've just built. HOT DOG! Ohhhh...The makings of a good day! A crane AND a big back hoe!! What more could you ask for??
So, we watched for a good 30 minutes. Then, packed up and headed to Clayton, Alabama where I hit the jackpot of a consignment sale! I'm not kidding! I bought three bags of clothes-all of which I'm SUPER excited about!!! For those of you who know me well...you know I'm a tad on the cheap side....but I do enjoy nice clothes-consignment sales are a PERFECT fit for me! LOTS of winter clothes for Sawyer-nice Polos and khakis and a few dressy outfits for little E too! So, that was highlight #2 to my day.
Highlight #3 came when Granny Beck offered to babysit so Walker and I could go fishing -what? what? ALONE??? Yes, we did! I DO LOVE MY HUSBAND, and I have learned to REALLY appreciate the time I get to hang out with him (especially since it doesn't happen often). I realize the more I get to hang out with him, the more we like each other. When I don't get to hang out with him, I REALLY wish I could and how much I need to. So, "That was fun to ME!"
Highlight #4 came when I FINALLY caught a fish!! (I am not the best fisherwoman, but I LOVE to catch them!!! I get REALLY excited to pull them in!)
Highlight #5 came when Papa Pitt pulled up with a truckload of boys and Aunt D! I enjoyed my time alone with Walker, but I was ready for Sawyer to enjoy the fishing enjoyment too, so I was glad he and his two boy cousins had arrived! Plus, I like Aunt D a lot, and I was glad to get to visit with her...
All in all, my kind of day! Thank you, Lord!





4 comments:

DeAnne DuBose said...

Glad you had such a wonderful Day!

Allyson said...

What a FUN DAY!! So glad you enjoyed it so much!! Much better than cleaning the house like me, but (with an attitude of gratitude like you suggested) I'm thankful that I have a house to clean and sweet loves to mess it up! :)

Beth said...

We seem to have a slight OBSESSION with heavy equipment around here too! And we really like our DADDY a lot too. I just haven't had ANY time for me and daddy since July 13! So I would think that a little fishing "get-a-way" was FANTASTIC right now!!! Maybe someday soon! I'm glad you had such a great day!

I just a few days ago got your e-mail about the consignment sale! Darn, I wish I had been able to go! Did I miss out on a lot of little girl stuff??? Sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

So glad we got to see ya'll last Sunday even if it was for a short minute!! You should plan to come to our next ladies prayer meeting, it would be a breath of fresh air for you and we would love to visit with you for a few hours! Something to think about??
Roll Tide, Walker!!!
Kelley