Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Halloween

The Friday before Halloween the boys had "Harvest Blessings" parties at school.  Sawyer went dressed as Spiderman (for the second year in a row).  Here he is with is preschool class singing "The 5 Little Pumpkins."  His part was "I'm ready for some fun!"  He said it with pride!  





Here they are eating their snack.  His slacker mama signed up for Cheese Puffs, but the cookies were really cute, so I'm inspired to do better at the Christmas Party!

Here's Eli with his class at his "Harvest Blessings" party! :)

Eli picked out his Aubie costume at Wal-Mart.  I was proud of Eli's choice, and Walker didn't say a thing.  I believe that boy is on the right track!  WAR EAGLE! At first, I was trying to talk them both into Mario and Luigi.  I told Eli Luigi would be "so funny."  He agreed, but every so often he'd say, "What I say I gonna be, Mama?"  I'd say, "Luigi."  He said, "Oh yeah, Luigi.  That be so funny, Mama."  :)  Sawyer had agreed to be Mario too, but I knew he would really rather be Spiderman....so anyway I decided to let them choose..they were Spiderman and Aubie.   They both loved Hallowen!  Sawyer now wears his Spiderman costume with a belt, so he can strap on his sword and be "Bibleman."  If you're a mama of boys, you might want to check out the "Bibleman" videos by Tommy Nelson.  They're like Transformers that read the Bible.  I mean....my boys L-O-V-E it!  Sawyer checks out a movie from his "school" each week, and 9 times out of 10...we get one of the "Bibleman" videos.  I'm for it!

He's ready to trick-or-treat.  We did our regular tradition of trick-or-treating around our neighborhood with some sweet friends.  The kids and parents had fun on the hayride.  I made chili and pumpkin grilled cheese sandwiches, and we called it a night.



Tucker, Sawyer, Eli, Jon Ed and Tripp


Melanie and Cute Jace aka "Robin"

Jon and Jace

Some of our neighbors are way into the Halloween decorations.  This guy was not smoking or lit up when these boys walked up the sidewalk, and all of a sudden..."ahhhh...!" 

I wanted to get a picture of all of them with the scary guy.  Sawyer cooperated!  ;)

Eli doesn't exactly cooperate for photo shoots with his mama, but I stuck it in anyway! :)

0 comments: